Saturday, February 17, 2018


Shalom,

Galatians 5:6 tells us this:

6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision avails anything, nor uncircumcision; but faith which works by love.

The Amplified Bible is even clearer!

6 For [if we are] in Christ Jesus, neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith activated and energized and expressed and working through love.

Why is walking in love so important? Well we see here that our faith doesn't work without it! Love is what energizes our faith! But, more importantly, JESUS instructed us to love! Mark  12:30-31 says this:

30 And you shall love the Lord your God out of and with your whole heart and out of and with all your soul (your life) and out of and with all your mind (with your faculty of thought and your moral understanding) and out of and with all your strength. This is the first and principal commandment. 31 The second is like it and is this, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. There is no other commandment greater than these.

Because this instruction is so important, I wanted to share today's "Faith Food" by Kenneth E. Hagin with you!

Love Arises

"Love is not boastful or vainglorious, does not display itself haughtily. It is not conceited (arrogant and inflated with pride); it is not rude (unmannerly) and does not act unbecomingly" (1 Corinthians 13:4-5). 

It's always flesh that is boastful, haughty, conceited, arrogant, inflated with pride, rude, and unmannerly. And by an act of your own will, you can decide not to give in to these fleshly temptations. You can decide rather to walk in love—to walk in the Spirit. 

The battle is there between your human spirit and your flesh. But the Bible says, "Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh" (Galatians 5:16). 

Decide to allow your spirit to dominate. When the temptation comes, stand still a moment and begin to speak the Word of God. Begin to say, "I am born of love. I will allow the love of God within me to dominate."  And the love of God will rise up big within you! 

Confession: I am a love person. Therefore, I am not boastful or vainglorious. I do not display myself haughtily. I am not conceited—arrogant and inflated with pride. I am not rude. I am not unmannerly. I do not act unbecomingly. I act in love. 

AMEN! Here, to help reinforce this for you, is Hillsong with "Greatest Of These":


Shalom in Him!