Monday, February 12, 2018

Shalom,

We read Psalm 43 in our Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan for today. Look at verses 3-5:
O send out Your light and Your truth, let them lead me; let them bring me to Your holy hill and to Your dwelling. Then will I go to the altar of God, to God, my exceeding joy; yes, with the lyre will I praise You, O God, my God! Why are you cast down, O my inner self? And why should you moan over me and be disquieted within me? Hope in God and wait expectantly for Him, for I shall yet praise Him, Who is the help of my [sad] countenance, and my God.

You know, and we have shared many times on this blog, that we are not to merely read or memorize the Word of God, but we are to MEDITATE on it, day and night! Joshua 1:8:

This Book of the Law shall not depart out of your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, that you may observe and do according to all that is written in it. For then you shall make your way prosperous, and then you shall deal wisely and have good success.

Why do we meditate? Because when we do, we give Holy Spirit something to work with so that He can give us the revelation of what the Word of God means, and how each of us, individually, can put it into practice in our lives! And THEN, says Joshua 1:8, we will make our way prosperous and have good success! God's promises always require a choice on our part! Not let's look again at Psalm 43:3-5, but let's look at it from The Passion Translation, which is the result of someone else's mediation! 

Pour into me the brightness of your daybreak!
    Pour into me your rays of revelation-truth!
    Let them comfort and gently lead me onto the shining path,
    showing the way into your burning presence,
    into your many sanctuaries of holiness.
Then I will come closer to your very altar
    until I come before you, the God of my ecstatic joy!
    I will praise you with the harp that plays in my heart,
    to you, my God, my magnificent God!
Then I will say to my soul,
“Don’t be discouraged; don’t be disturbed,
    for I fully expect my Savior-God to break through for me.
    Then I’ll have plenty of reasons to praise him all over again.”
    Yes, living before his face is my saving grace!


Not everything from every translation is completely accurate, but when you are a student of the WOrd, you can trust Holy Spirit to show you what to take and treasure and what to simply move on from! The thing that really stuck out to me from this selection this:

 I will praise you with the harp that plays in my heart,
    to you, my God, my magnificent God!


I LOVE the thought that there is a harp playing inside of my heart that brings up the high praises of God when I sing to Him, in both English and in Spirit! Meditate on that the next time YOU praise and worship HIM! Ask Holy Spirit to reveal to you how your 'harp' sounds and help you to use it!I KNOW that God placed music inside each of us so that we can praise and worship Him in Spirit and in TRUTH! HALLELUJAH! Here is Hillsong with "O Praise The Name":


Shalom in Him!