Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Shalom,

We read in Matthew 11 today in our Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan. Verses 25-27 really stood out to me and I want to share them with you from some different translations:

25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes. 26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight. 27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knows the Son, but the Father; neither knows any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him. King James Version

25 It was at that time that Yeshua said, “I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you concealed these things from the sophisticated and educated and revealed them to ordinary folks. 26 Yes, Father, I thank you that it pleased you to do this. 27 “My Father has handed over everything to me. Indeed, no one fully knows the Son except the Father, and no one fully knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son wishes to reveal him. Complete Jewish Bible

25-27 At that epochal, strategic moment of time, Jesus answering said, I render praise to you, Father, Lord of the heaven and the earth, in joyful acknowledgment and concurrence of the fact that you hid these things from the wise and understanding ones, and revealed them to those who are untaught. Even so, Father, because thus it was your good pleasure. All things to me were delivered by my Father, and no one has a full and experiential knowledge of the Son except the Father, neither does anyone have a full and experiential knowledge of the Father except the Son, and he, whoever he may be, to whom the Son desires to reveal Him. The New Testament: An Expanded Translation (Wuest)

25 Abruptly Jesus broke into prayer: "Thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth. You've concealed your ways from sophisticates and know-it-alls, but spelled them out clearly to ordinary people. 26 Yes, Father, that's the way you like to work."  27 Jesus resumed talking to the people, but now tenderly. "The Father has given me all these things to do and say. This is a unique Father-Son operation, coming out of Father and Son intimacies and knowledge. No one knows the Son the way the Father does, nor the Father the way the Son does. But I'm not keeping it to myself; I'm ready to go over it line by line with anyone willing to listen. THE MESSAGE 

Each of these Bible translations have slight differences from the others. This is why I LOVE study and meditation of the Word! (Joshua 1:8) We are told this in Hosea 6:3:

3 Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the Lord: KJV

This verse verifies just WHO the Son desires to reveal His Word! The Message Bible has it right! Those who desire to know more will have more revealed to them, IF they "follow on to know". How do we do that? We can start with one of my favorite verses in the New Testament! Philippians 3:10:

10 [For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly], and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection  AMP

We make study and meditation of the Word our top priority! Isaiah 28:10-11 tells us this:

10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little: 11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people. KJV

It takes time, it takes a determined commitment and it takes prayer in our Heavenly prayer language which we receive when we receive the infilling of Holy Spirit. Some believers are excited to hear that God reveals His Word to ordinary people and NOT just ministers or the influential and highly educated. This is the first BABY step! There MUST be a next step and another and another in order to be one who JESUS is able to reveal Himself and His Word! He DESIRES that we ALL learn of Him, but He KNOWS that not many will get in position to learn! Not many are willing to put other things aside for a time to really commit to God's Word! I LOVE this line from the Message Bible above:

But I'm not keeping it to myself; I'm ready to go over it line by line with anyone willing to listen

The LORD JESUS desires to teach YOU by His Spirit! Are YOU ready and willing to get in position? If so, then I ask the Father, in Jesus' Name, to show you, personally and individually, what adjustments you need to make in order to get in position. I also ask Him to lead you in your study to those things that are most needful for you, your life, your ministry and your family. Now I thank HIM for teaching YOU the things that will make HIM more real to you and that will increase your desire to know Him even more! AMEN! Here is Hillsong Worship with "Your Word":


YOUR WORD
Before the earth knew its foundation
You spoke the dust into creation
Until the end when all has withered
Then still Your Word will endure forever
The lamp unto my feet
The light unto my path
Your Word will not be shaken
Your Word will never fail me
Like a fire in my bones
Like a whisper to my soul
Your Word is revelation
Deep calls to deep within Your presence
When I hear You speak my soul awakens
Your Spirit leads my heart to worship
As Your Word reveals the light of Jesus
Shalom in Him!