Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Shalom,

Today's My Utmost For His Highest by Oswald Chambers is a very good message, though it may be a little difficult to understand at first!

The Vocation Of The Natural Life

But when it pleased God…to reveal His Son in me… — Galatians 1:15-16

The call of God is not a call to any particular service; my interpretation of it may be, because contact with the nature of God has made me realize what I would like to do for Him. The call of God is essentially expressive of His nature; service is the outcome of what is fitted to my nature. The vocation of the natural life is stated by the apostle Paul — “When it pleased God to reveal His Son in me that I might preach Him among the Gentiles.”

Service is the overflow of superabounding devotion; but, profoundly speaking, there is no call to that, it is my own little actual bit, and is the echo of my identification with the nature of God. Service is the natural part of my life. God gets me into a relationship with Himself whereby I understand His call, then I do things out of sheer love for Him on my own account. To serve God is the deliberate love-gift of a nature that has heard the call of God. Service is expressive of that which is fitted to my nature: God’s call is expressive of His nature; consequently when I receive His nature and hear His call, the voice of the Divine nature sounds in both and the two work together. The Son of God reveals Himself in me, and I serve Him in the ordinary ways of life out of devotion to Him.

The important part of this message is that the number one priority for serving the LORD is to LOVE Him first, and most, of all! Every single born again believer has been called into the Ministry of Reconciliation (2 Corinthians 5:18). Some of us will carry that out in a more public manner, while others may never do anything publicly, and no one but JESUS will even know! The calling is NOT the most important part! We will ALL be rewarded abundantly ONLY for our obedience, whatever that may look like and wherever that may take place. A public ministry will NOT have more rewards simply because more people knew of them! OBEDIENCE will be rewarded and the first and most important step of obedience is to THIS commandment given by JESUS! Mark 12:30:

30 And you shall love the Lord your God out of and with your whole heart and out of and with all your soul and out of and with all your mind  and out of and with all your strength. This is the first and principal commandment.

Whatever the 'calling', success will only come with a complete love and surrender to the ONE Who gave it all for us! THAT is our message and our priority! AMEN! Here is Hillsong Worship with "I Will Boast in Christ":


Now and forever
All I have because of Jesus
All this promise
Won for me
When He paid the highest ransom
Once for always
For my freedom
I will boast in Christ alone
His righteousness
Not my own
I will cling to Christ my hope
His mercy reigns
Love will never lose its power
All my failures could not erase
Now I walk within Your favour
Grace unending
My salvation
What can wash away my sin
Nothing but the blood of Jesus
What can make me whole again
Nothing but the blood of Jesus
O precious is the flow
That makes me white as snow
No other fount I know
Nothing but the blood of Jesus

Shalom in Him!