Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Shalom,

I love Psalm 25! I have prayed verse 5 before studying the Word, but I see these verses in a new light today! Verses 2-5:
O my God, I trust, lean on, rely on, and am confident in You. Let me not be put to shame or [my hope in You] be disappointed; let not my enemies triumph over me. Yes, let none who trust and wait hopefully and look for You be put to shame or be disappointed; let them be ashamed who forsake the right or deal treacherously without cause. Show me Your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths. Guide me in Your truth and faithfulness and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; for You [You only and altogether] do I wait [expectantly] all the day long.

This is now my new prayer for voting in the upcoming elections! I have been scolded, mocked, ridiculed, bullied and called names for my stance on the candidates! And this has been by born again believers! This has become an increasingly ungodly atmosphere and I will have no part in it! My prayer is that Holy Spirit will lead, guide and direct me as I choose a candidate to vote for who will uphold Biblical principles and the Constitution. If He desires my vote to change, I have all confidence that I hear and recognize His voice (John 10:27) and I will act accordingly! After all, He does promise THIS in verse 9:

He leads the humble in what is right, and the humble He teaches His way.

AMEN! Now, for some more encouragement from Psalm 25, let's look at verses 12-14:
12 Who is the man who reverently fears and worships the Lord? Him shall He teach in the way that he should choose. 13 He himself shall dwell at ease, and his offspring shall inherit the land. 14 The secret [of the sweet, satisfying companionship] of the Lord have they who fear (revere and worship) Him, and He will show them His covenant and reveal to them its [deep, inner] meaning.

What a wonderful promise for those who will love the Lord with all of their heart! I hope that YOU will choose this, too! Here is Hillsong Young and Free with a song about HIS love! "Real Love":

Staring into Your eyes
Makes my heart come alive
Suddenly brought to life
When I met You
Reaching beyond the skies
Running deep, stretching wide
Perfect love realized
Here with You
Yeah this love is for real
You will never let go
Never let go, oh
And it's more than just words
Love beyond my control
Out of control
This is real love
This is real love
This is real love
This is real love
You're pulling me closer and closer
Holding my heart till the very end
Jesus, I'm found in your freedom
This is real love, this is real love
In Your heart, I'm found
I want You, I want You
You won't let me down
You got me, You got me
Yeah this love is for real
You will never let go
Never let go, oh
And it's more than just words
Love beyond my control
Out of control
Shalom in Him!