Saturday, July 2, 2016

Shalom,

Going through Proverbs with our Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan was more of a blessing this time than ever before! Now, as we begin to go through the Psalms again, I am expecting the very same thing! Why? Because I have prepared myself and EXPECT to learn something new every day! As YOU go through the Bible Reading Plan, stir up your love for God's Word, pray for illumination and then EXPECT! Remember, HE has hidden His wonderful Truths FOR us, as precious treasures to be sought out! I was particularly blessed with Psalm 1:1-3, as it caused me to look at a problem I have been dealing with in a whole new way! 
Blessed (happy, fortunate, prosperous, and enviable) is the man who walks and lives not in the counsel of the ungodly [following their advice, their plans and purposes], nor stands [submissive and inactive] in the path where sinners walk, nor sits down [to relax and rest] where the scornful [and the mockers] gather. But his delight and desire are in the law of the Lord, and on His law (the precepts, the instructions, the teachings of God) he habitually meditates (ponders and studies) by day and by night. And he shall be like a tree firmly planted [and tended] by the streams of water, ready to bring forth its fruit in its season; its leaf also shall not fade or wither; and everything he does shall prosper [and come to maturity].

This is a wonderful promise that many people TRY to hold onto, without being DOERS of the conditions! IF we desire to have the promises of the Word manifest in our lives, we MUST meet the conditions! Some believers that I have known are under the mistaken idea that we have to be perfect in order to walk in these promises. No born again believer has EVER been perfect, except JESUS! THAT is why we have 1 John 1:9 as a wonderful promise, with its own condition! Confess (acknowledge) your mistakes and then freely receive the forgiveness that HE has ALREADY provided! So, what are the conditions for being blessed, happy fortunate, prosperous and the envy of others? What, also, are the conditions for being like a tree that has been firmly planted, and tended, by streams of water, ready to bring forth GOOD fruit in season, without withering leaves and having EVERYTHING we do prosper? We must NOT:
  • walk and live in the counsel of ungodly people
  • follow the advice, plans and purposes of those people
  • stand idly by, submissive and inactive, among sinners, as though agreeing with their sin
  • sit down, relaxing our diligence among those who scorn and mock other believers and the Truth of God's Word
Instead, we MUST:
  • make our delight in God's Word and stir up our desire for more
  • meditate (ponder, study, think about and seek ways to obey) God's Word, night and day! (There should NEVER be a time when we loosen our stand on God's Word in compromise to the world, no matter WHAT fears the enemy tries to throw at us!
Remember that under the Old Covenant, when God's people agreed with God, not caring what the other nations said or did, they ALWAYS came out on top and lived continually in HIS protection, provision and safety! Under our new and BETTER Covenant, don't believe for  moment that HE will leave US to be trampled down by the enemy! The secret to success, peace, prosperity and happiness, no matter WHO is the president of the United States, is to be WHERE God wants you to be, doing WHAT God wants you to do! Refuse to be moved by any other scheme, tactic, strategy, lie or coercion from the enemy! HE is a defeated foe and his only agenda is to steal, kill and destroy God's people, who are the apple of His eye! On the other hand, GOD Himself has promised us this in John 10:10:

10 The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows).

AMEN! Here is Hillsong Young and Free with "This Is Living":


THIS IS LIVING  
[Verse 1]
Waking up knowing there's a reason

All my dreams come alive
Life is for living with You
I've made my decision
[Verse 2]
You lift me up, fill my eyes with wonder
Forever young in Your love
This freedom's untainted with You
No moment is wasted
[Pre-Chorus]
See the sun now bursting through the clouds
Black and white turns to colour all around
All is new, in the Savior I am found
[Chorus]
This is living now (2x)
[Verse 3]
You lead the way, God You're right beside me
In Your love I'm complete
There's nothing like living with You
This life You created I choose

[Pre-Chorus]
See the sun now bursting through the clouds
Black and white turn to color all around
All is new, in the Savior I am found
[Chorus]
This is living now (2x)
You take me higher than I've been before
It's Your perfect love that sees me soar
God your freedom is an open door
You are everything I want and more
[Chorus]
This is living now (2x)
You take me higher than I've been before
It's Your perfect love that sees me soar
God your freedom is an open door
You are everything I want and more

Shalom in Him!