Sunday, July 24, 2016

Shalom,

Today in Adult Bible Study at The Spoken Word Church, we continued on in Psalm 119! We covered verses 15-16.  

15 I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways. 16 I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word. KJV

We know that "meditate" is the Hebrew word "siyach", which means: to ponder, converse, utter, muse, speak, sing, consider, study. This involves not simply hearing and thinking, but speaking (to yourself AND others). True meditation gives our personal Teacher, Holy Spirit, more opportunity to really make the Word of God come alive to us! Joshua 1:8 gives us the results and rewards of true meditation!

8 This Book of the Law shall not depart out of your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, that you may observe and do according to all that is written in it. For then you shall make your way prosperous, and then you shall deal wisely and have good success.  AMP

I want to encourage YOU in your own personal study and meditation of the Word of God! Start by spending time in His presence daily. Begin with praise, thanksgiving and worship. After this move on to prayer, which is really intimate communion with HIM! Proverbs 8:17:

17 I love those who love me, and those who seek me early and diligently shall find me.  AMP

Always pray over your own study of the Word of God. I would choose a prayer such as this from Psalm 25:5:

5 Guide me in Your truth and faithfulness and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; for You [You only and altogether] do I wait [expectantly] all the day long.  AMP

Now get ready for the illumination of His Word and the great joy that comes from knowing HIM better! (Philippians 3:10 AMP) Here is Hillsong United with "Rule":


Shalom in Him!