Friday, June 20, 2014

Shalom,

THIS, from Jerry Savelle's daily devotional, has also been on my heart lately! 

Just Passing Through

“Happy, fortunate, to be envied is the man whose strength is in You, in whose heart are the highways to Zion. Passing through the valley of Baca” (Psalm 84:5-6).
Baca? What is Baca? The Hebrew meaning is something we can all identify with. It means weeping, tears, or misery. Notice that it doesn’t say you’re supposed to live there. You’re not supposed to build your residence there. You should pass through it, and come out on the other side.
I don’t know what you’re going through today, I don’t know what kind of hard place you may be experiencing, but whatever it is, you don’t have to stay there. You can pass through! In verse 7, we see what believers who keep their eyes on Jesus and stand on the Word do while they’re going through Baca: They go from strength to strength [increasing in victorious power]. Every time I go through the Valley of Baca, I know I’m only passing through. I know that when I get on the other side, I’m going to increase in victorious power. Satan is just adding to my testimony, glory to God.
Confession: I am strong in the Lord and the power of His might. I fix my eyes on Jesus and stand on His Word knowing that I go from strength to strength increasing in victorious power.
Whenever I declare Psalm 23 over my life, I like to expand verse 4. It SAYS this:

4 Yes, though I walk through the [deep, sunless] valley of the shadow of death, I will fear or dread no evil, for You are with me; Your rod [to protect] and Your staff [to guide], they comfort me. AMP

I say: "Yes, though I walk through, BUT DO NOT LIVE IN, the deep, sunless valley  of the shadow of death....." That is exactly what Jerry Savelle was saying above! When you come to tests trials, temptations and tribulations, DON'T sit down and stay there! Keep on walking! He has already made a way of escape for us out of each and every one (1 Corinthians 10:13)! Nothing about this has taken God by surprise! He already has a plan place for our deliverance! AMEN! Keep going from strength to victorious strength as you look to HIM in every situation. Here is Hillsong United with "You Are My Strength":


Shalom in  Him!