Friday, June 13, 2014

Shalom,

Two things really stand out to me from today's Bible Reading Plan, both of them from Galatians 2! The first is this from verses 1-2:

THEN AFTER [an interval] of fourteen years I again went up to Jerusalem. [This time I went] with Barnabas, taking Titus along with [me] also. I went because it was specially and divinely revealed to me that I should go, and I put before them the Gospel [declaring to them that] which I preach among the Gentiles. However, [I presented the matter] privately before those of repute, [for I wanted to make certain, by thus at first confining my communication to this private conference] that I was not running or had not run in vain [guarding against being discredited either in what I was planning to do or had already done].

Notice that before Paul went up to Jerusalem, he was
"specially and divinely" told that he should go! Go nowhere until you get the release to go from Holy Spirit! Tell Him what YOU believe you should do and then see what HE says about it! He may fill you with peace and joy so that you can KNOW that this is exactly what God wants you to do! OR, He may re-direct you to something else that HE wants you to do! Either way, HE is in control IF we let Him be! AMEN! The other verse that really spoke clearly to me today is verse 5. Paul was speaking of those who were trying to put born again believers, who were saved by GRACE, into bondage to the Law again by demanding that they follow Jewish customs of circumcision and other things. I REALLY like Paul's attitude toward those who try to bring condemnation on people for not following rules and regulations. Verse 5:

To them we did not yield submission even for a moment, that the truth of the Gospel might continue to be [preserved] for you [in its purity].

Refuse to be intimidated by those who would try to add anything to the Gospel! 1 John 5:11-13 says this:

11 And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. 13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.

There is NO other Name given among men whereby we may be saved (Acts 4:12), and there is NOTHING that must be added to believing in our hearts and confessing with our mouths that Jesus is our Lord in order to be born again (Romans 10:9-10)! After that, everything we do should be pointed towards growing up in the things of God! Doing "good works" mentioned in the Word of God will affect our lives on earth and our rewards in Heaven, but it will NOT get us born again! Continue to walk in the freedom whereby HE has made you free (Galatians 5:1)! AMEN! Here is Hillsong with "Free":

"Free"
Would you believe me if I said
That we are the ones who can make the change
In the world today
Would you believe me if I said
That all of your dreams in your heart
Can come true today
Would you believe me if I said
That life could be all that you want it to be today

And if I had wings I would fly
'Cause all that I need, You are
And if the world caved in around me
To You I'd still hold on
Cause You're all that I believe
And the one that created me
Jesus because of You I'm free

Would you believe me if I said
That God can make miracles happen today
Would you believe me if I said
That you don't need to wait for the answers before
You step out in faith
Would you believe me if I said
That nothing is ever impossible for God

And if I had wings I would fly
'Cause all that I need, You are
And if the world caved in around me
To You I'd still hold on
Cause You're all that I believe
And the one that created me
Jesus because of You I'm free

Just live your life with God inside
You wont regret one moment of it
And give all that you can for God, for God

And if I had wings I would fly
'Cause all that I need, You are
And if the world caved in around me
To You I'd still hold on
Cause You're all that I believe
And the one that created me
Jesus because of You

And if I had wings I would fly
'Cause all that I need, You are
And if the world caved in around me
To You I'd still hold on
Cause You're all that I believe
And the one that created me
Jesus because of You I'm free

Shalom in Him!