Saturday, June 7, 2014

Shalom,

In John 17, when Jesus was praying for His disciples (then AND now), He prayed this in verses 14-16:

14 I have given and delivered to them Your word (message) and the world has hated them, because they are not of the world [do not belong to the world], just as I am not of the world. 15 I do not ask that You will take them out of the world, but that You will keep and protect them from the evil one. 16 They are not of the world (worldly, belonging to the world), [just] as I am not of the world.

Jesus was praying here that they, and WE, be protected from the effects of the hatred of the enemy for God's people. KNOWING that Jesus prayed this for YOU should cause you to have great freedom in sharing the Gospel! He has our back and when we are walking in obedience, trusting in Him, HE WILL NOT FAIL! The enemy will NOT be able to touch you! Now immediately some of you were asking, "But what about....?" The answer to that is a very big MYOB!!! Pray for the persecuted church, but get right back into faith that since JESUS Himself prayed for your protection while you are in the world, you can have boldness that "nothing will by any means hurt you" (Luke 10:19)! We may never know what happened to get some people in position for this, but we DO have the Word of God on the matter! I CHOOSE THE WORD! EVERY TIME! Jesus went on to say this in verses 17-19:

17 Sanctify them [purify, consecrate, separate them for Yourself, make them holy] by the Truth; Your Word is Truth. 18 Just as You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world. 19 And so for their sake and on their behalf I sanctify (dedicate, consecrate) Myself, that they also may be sanctified (dedicated, consecrated, made holy) in the Truth.

God's Word IS Truth! When we put His Word, the TRUTH, as our final authority in life, then we know that He will back us up! Do you think that Jesus was only speaking of His close associates in His earthly ministry? Look at verses 20-23:

20 Neither for these alone do I pray [it is not for their sake only that I make this request], but also for all those who will ever come to believe in (trust in, cling to, rely on) Me through their word and teaching, 21 That they all may be one, [just] as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be one in Us, so that the world may believe and be convinced that You have sent Me. 22 I have given to them the glory and honor which You have given Me, that they may be one [even] as We are one: 23 I in them and You in Me, in order that they may become one and perfectly united, that the world may know and [definitely] recognize that You sent Me and that You have loved them [even] as You have loved Me.

Do  you understand why it is so very important that we study the Word of God so that we can operate in such a way in this life that people are drawn to us so that we can show them HIM? THAT is God's #1 priority! To "seek and save the lost" (Luke 19:10)! It SHOULD be ours, too! AMEN! Here is Hillsong Young and Free with "In Sync":


V1  My life's filled with Your melody
     An  outcry of a life redeemed
     My heart's tuned to Your mystery
     In sync with You, in sync with You


V2 My heart beats to Your rhythm now
     My life song an eternal sound
     For all You've done Lord I sing it loud
     Forevermore, forevermore

PRE-CHORUS: In Your freedom here I stand
              Letting go of all I am, Jesus take control

Chorus:   I'm Caught up in the middle of Your embrace
All I have surrendered Lord to Your Name
Jesus I'm forever singing Your praise

V3  The skies echo Your love for us
     Your anthem raised from the empty cross
     The earth shakes as the Truth resounds
     That You're alive, You're with us now

PRE-CHORUS    CHORUS   BRIDGE: 
Let our hearts keep beating
To the sound of Heaven's song,  
 No we won't stand silent,   
 We will sing like never before

PRE-CHORUS    CHORUS
Shalom in Him!