Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Shalom,

This devotional for today by Jerry Savelle is very important for born again believers to know and believe!

What Is The Truth?

The only thing that can break the chains of bondage is truth. Satan has kept the Body of Christ in darkness by blinding the hearts and minds of God’s people to the truth of who they really are in Christ.
“Whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe” (2 Corinthians 4:4).
“So that they may know the truth, and that they may come to their senses, and escape the snare of the devil” (2 Timothy 2:26).
Satan wants to put blinders over your eyes so that you cannot see who you really are. Religious traditions create blinders. Jesus said that religious traditions make the Word of God void of power in people’s lives. Only truth can expose the blinders and set you free from any bondage you are experiencing.
The definition of the word “truth” is: the highest form of reality that exists. The Bible is the highest form of reality that exists, and if you know the truth, Jesus said it will make you free! The more truth you know, the greater freedom you will enjoy. God is not hiding truth from you. He has put truth between Genesis and Revelation, and, if you are hungry enough for freedom, then you’ll get into God’s Word.
If you abide in that Word, it will make you free.
Confession: I have a fresh hunger for God’s Word. My spiritual eyes are open to the specific truths that I personally need to see today.
The BEST definition of "truth" is found in John 17:17:

17 Sanctify them [purify, consecrate, separate them for Yourself, make them holy] by the Truth; Your Word is Truth. AMP

Spending quality time in the Word of God will cause YOU to "know the Truth"! Do you remember what is promised to those who "know the Truth"? Look at John 8:31-32:

31 So Jesus said to those Jews who had believed in Him, If you abide in My word [hold fast to My teachings and live in accordance with them], you are truly My disciples. 32 And you will know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free.  AMP

Do YOU want to be free (liberated)? Then make the Word of God YOUR vital necessity! Put the Word of God first place in your life, with the determination to obey it, and you WILL be set free from all of the worries and cares of the world! AMEN! Here is Hillsong United with "Free":

"Free"
Would you believe me if I said
That we are the ones who can make the change
In the world today
Would you believe me if I said
That all of your dreams in your heart
Can come true today
Would you believe me if I said
That life could be all that you want it to be today

And if I had wings I would fly
'Cause all that I need, You are
And if the world caved in around me
To You I'd still hold on
Cause You're all that I believe
And the one that created me
Jesus because of You I'm free

Would you believe me if I said
That God can make miracles happen today
Would you believe me if I said
That you don't need to wait for the answers before
You step out in faith
Would you believe me if I said
That nothing is ever impossible for God

And if I had wings I would fly
'Cause all that I need, You are
And if the world caved in around me
To You I'd still hold on
Cause You're all that I believe
And the one that created me
Jesus because of You I'm free

Just live your life with God inside
You wont regret one moment of it
And give all that you can for God, for God

And if I had wings I would fly
'Cause all that I need, You are
And if the world caved in around me
To You I'd still hold on
Cause You're all that I believe
And the one that created me
Jesus because of You

And if I had wings I would fly
'Cause all that I need, You are
And if the world caved in around me
To You I'd still hold on
Cause You're all that I believe
And the one that created me
Jesus because of You I'm free

Shalom in Him!