Friday, January 10, 2014

Shalom,

I want to share from Matthew today! First of all, from two days ago in our Bible Reading Plan, I wanted to share THIS from Matthew 8:8-10:

8 The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou should come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed. 9 For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goes; and to another, Come, and he comes; and to my servant, Do this, and he does it. 10 When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel. KJV

The thought that I had as I was meditating on these verses is concerning what the centurion said in verse 9. Look at the commands that the centurion was used to giving AND having immediately obeyed! He said: "Go", "Come" and "Do". Notice that this man was used to being obeyed IMMEDIATELY upon giving a one-word command! Do you REALLY think that more words are required of US when we speak in authority over any given situation? Don't get caught up in "spiritual-sounding" prayers! Speak the Word, with as few words as possible! Don't add to the Word or take away from it, just speak the Word! The enemy MUST obey immediately! SEE it done and rejoice! AMEN! Then in today's reading I saw this from Matthew 10:14:

14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when you depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet. KJV

The note in my new study Bible on this verse says: "Don't carry the care of it". I LOVE that! Do YOU think that Jesus was simply speaking of the natural dirt and dust of this city? Dirt is dirt and it is dirty! There is no dirt that is "holier" than other dirt! Jesus was saying, DON'T hang on to the seeming failures and don't get caught up thinking that YOU are responsible for the people receiving Him! Each person is responsible for what THEY do with the Good News of the Gospel of Jesus the Christ! WE are responsible ONLY for presenting it and praying over those who hear! JESUS watches over HIS Word to perform it (Jeremiah 1:12 AMP)! AMEN! So FREELY share what you have FREELY received (Matthew 10:8), the Gospel of LIFE! Let the Holy Spirit do HIS work of making it real to them! Here is Hillsong Chapel with "Lost Are Found":


Shalom in Him!