Saturday, January 25, 2014

Shalom,

I have shared before that I like to pray Psalm 25:5 because I really want to KNOW Him an His Word! 

Guide me in Your truth and faithfulness and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; for You [You only and altogether] do I wait [expectantly] all the day long.

1 John 2:27 tells us that, with the indwelling Holy Spirit, we do not require that man teach us, God Himself will! 

27 But the Anointing which you have received of Him abides in you, and you need not that any man teach you: but as the same Anointing teaches you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, you shall abide in Him. KJV

He has given us teachers and ministers to deliver the Word in a more convenient form, but no minister can cause us to learn the Word! It is our choice to enlist the help of the Holy Spirit to open the eyes of our understanding to see the Word so that we can become DOERS of it! The Amplified Bible makes it even more clear:

27 But as for you, the anointing (the sacred appointment, the unction) which you received from Him abides [permanently] in you; [so] then you have no need that anyone should instruct you. But just as His anointing teaches you concerning everything and is true and is no falsehood, so you must abide in (live in, never depart from) Him [being rooted in Him, knit to Him], just as [His anointing] has taught you [to do]. AMP

When Paul declared in Philippians 3:10 that he desired to KNOW Him, he was trusting in the Anointing, the Holy Spirit, to teach him! How important is it that we understand the Word of God and the way HE thinks? Look at Job 42:3 and 5:

[You said to me] Who is this that darkens and obscures counsel [by words] without knowledge? Therefore [I now see] I have [rashly] uttered what I did not understand, things too wonderful for me, which I did not know. --  I had heard of You [only] by the hearing of the ear, but now my [spiritual] eye sees You.

Do YOU desire that your spiritual eyes see more clearly? Then make it YOUR determined purpose to go after it! Follow through with your time and energy to make sure that you put yourself in the best possible position to do so! Pray Psalm 25:5 for yourself. Now pray the prayers in Ephesians 1:16-23; Ephesians 3:14-20; and Colossians 1:9-11 over yourself, and those you love, every day until you see the results! Now continue! Why stop doing what works? AMEN! Here is an older song from Hillsong called "I Live To Know You":


Shalom  in  Him!