Thursday, October 31, 2013

Shalom,

Faith Food , by Kenneth E. Hagin, for today is a very clear and simple example on a very vital subject for born again believers!

FORGIVENESS

But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses (Mark 11:26).

"Brother Hagin," a woman once said, "cast this old, unforgiving spirit out of me. I've got something against a woman here at church, and I can't forgive her. I don't seem to have the ability to forgive." 


 I replied, "Do you ever have to forgive your husband?"  

"Oh, yes. I have to forgive him, and he has to forgive me." 

"I thought you said you didn't have the ability to forgive."

She laughed and said, "I can forgive, can't I?"

"Certainly," I said, "if you can forgive one person, you can forgive another."

She understood and replied, "I can forgive. I do forgive. That's it!"

And it's just that simple. Don't complicate forgiveness. Jesus said, "When ye stand praying, forgive." That means we can forgive. Jesus didn't ask us to do something we can't do.

Confession: I can forgive. I am quick to forgive. And my Father in Heaven forgives me.
Understand that at the moment of your new Birth, the previous sin nature of your spirit was changed forever by the Spirit of God and all of your sin was removed! Sin that we have committed since then, unconfessed, will affect THIS life! Walking in unforgiveness will also affect your life! Jesus instructed us how to deal with people who hurt us in any way. Matthew 5:43-45:

43 You have heard that it was said, You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy;  44 But I tell you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,  45 To show that you are the children of your Father Who is in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the wicked and on the good, and makes the rain fall upon the upright and the wrongdoers [alike]. AMP
It is VITAL for US that we do this, AND for THEM! Look at Psalm 105:15:

15 Saying, Touch not My anointed, and do My prophets no harm.

This is a warning to others not to "persecute" God's own people! This is NOT just referring to prophets or minsters either! Look at 1 John 2:20:

20 But you have been anointed by [you hold a sacred appointment from, you have been given an unction from] the Holy One, and you know[the Truth].

GOD will deal with those who set out to harm us, THAT is why we must pray for them! Forgive them first of all, then pray that their eyes be opened to the Truth of God's Word, that laborers be sent across their path to share the Gospel and that He prepare their heart to hear it! When we do this, we are walking in the unselfish love of God, and God's love never fails! We keep ourselves in position to be blessed by forgiving, and we give them an opportunity to hear the Truth! AMEN! Always forgive! It will set you free from the tactics of the enemy to hold you back! Here is Hillsong Live with "Love Knows No End":


Shalom in Him!