Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Shalom,

I want to share this portion of today's devotion from Bob Yandian's "Morning Moments"

"The office Jesus fulfills today in His heavenly ministry is that of intercessor for Christians. This is found in Romans 8."

Romans 8:34b It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us.

Do you remember when Jesus instructed His disciples that they would no longer pray to him, but to the Father in His Name? John 16:23-24:

23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you. 24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full. KJV

Then He went on to say this in verses 26-27:

26 At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you: 27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God. KJV

When we pray, in the Name of Jesus, we are acknowledging that our right to address the Father comes through the Son! "We are the redeemed petitioning our Heavenly Father through the Name of the One Who redeemed us. God loves to hear His children pray, but it must come to Him through His plan and method. Use the Name of Jesus in prayer today. Realize what authority you have through the Name of your Intercessor." Do you see that "in Jesus' Name" is NOT to be used as a talisman or rabbit's foot tacked on the end of a prayer? His Name is the key that gives us access and establishes in all realms our God-given right to declare God's Word and to petition Him to fulfill it in our lives! To our heavenly Father, when He hears that, it is as though Jesus Himself was speaking and declaring! As HE was with Jesus, so HE is with us, now, in this world! Amen! I hope you are as excited about prayer now as I am! Let's DO IT! Amen! Here is Hillsong United with "In The Mystery":



Shalom in Him!