Monday, October 22, 2012

Shalom,

1 Peter 5:6-7 says this:


Therefore humble yourselves [demote, lower yourselves in your own estimation] under the mighty hand of God, that in due time He may exalt you, Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully.


Realize that Peter is speaking to born again, spirit-filled believers in this letter. When he says to humble ourselves, it does NOT mean to look at ourselves as scum, but to see ourselves as under the authority of the Sovereign God, and HIM alone! THAT is really a very high position! Recognize the authority of the Word of God and the Wisdom and promise of it! When we obey the Word, we can expect to receive the Word's results! When we choose to cast (throw, fling, toss, hurl) our cares, worries, anxieties and concerns on Him, then we can expect Him to take them! We are then free to operate in His peace and joy while the rest of the world falls apart! We WILL BE that Light in the darkness for the people around us so that we can lead them to HIM! Amen! Here is a very old song from Hillsong called "Joy In The Holy Ghost":


I've found a friend, o Such a friend
He made my heart his home
God himself is with me
And I know I'm never alone
I know all my tomorrows will be better than all my hopes
We've got love grace peace and power
And joy in the Holy Ghost.

(We've got love)
My God is never wrong
And He makes time for me
(We've got grace)
It blew apart my chains
And set the sinner free
(We've got peace)
It's like a river and you'll never run it dry
We've got power over fear and death
And hearts filled up with joy.

The Holy Spirit fills me up
And I need him every day
For fire faith and confidence
And knowing what to say
I gave my heart and all I am
To the one who loves most
We've got love grace peace and power
And joy in the Holy Ghost.

Shalom in Him!