Thursday, June 7, 2012

Shalom,


I really love how Proverbs 7 and John 17 are both included in the Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan for today! Proverbs 7:1:

1 MY SON, keep my words; lay up within you my commandments [for use when needed] and treasure them. 2 Keep my commandments and live, and keep my law and teaching as the apple (the pupil) of your eye. 3 Bind them on your fingers; write them on the tablet of your heart. AMP

This instruction is for us to make the Word of God our final authority and to give attention and obedience to it! John 17:17 tells us why this is so very important!

17 Sanctify them [purify, consecrate, separate them for Yourself, make them holy] by the Truth; Your Word is Truth. AMP

The Truth of God's Word is what separates us from the influences of the world, the flesh, and the devil! We are also told in John 8:31-32 that it is KNOWING the Word that brings freedom to our lives!

31 So Jesus said to those Jews who had believed in Him, If you abide in My word [hold fast to My teachings and live in accordance with them], you are truly My disciples. 32 And you will know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free. AMP

Then John 15:7 tells us that the way to pray with authority is to LIVE in the Word!

7 If you live in Me [abide vitally united to Me] and My words remain in you and continue to live in your hearts, ask whatever you will, and it shall be done for you.  
AMP

I think the Word of God is of VITAL importance! What do YOU think? Here is Hillsong with "Salvation Is Here". Remember that salvation means deliverance in every area and realm of life! Thank You, Father, for Your Word!




Shalom in Him!