Thursday, June 21, 2012

Shalom, 


Ephesians 4:1-3:


 1I THEREFORE, the prisoner for the Lord, appeal to and beg you to walk (lead a life) worthy of the [divine] calling to which you have been called [with behavior that is a credit to the summons to God's service,  2Living as becomes you] with complete lowliness of mind (humility) and meekness (unselfishness, gentleness, mildness), with patience, bearing with one another and making allowances because you love one another.   3Be eager and strive earnestly to guard and keep the harmony and oneness of [and produced by] the Spirit in the binding power of peace.


THIS is the kind of life that we are supposed to be living so that the lost and hurting will be drawn to us. So many times believers try to DO the right things when it's really all about our attitudes and how we treat people. There is a reason that we are told in Philippians 4:8 what things to think about. What we think about is what we will say and what we will eventually do. The devotional, "God Calling", says this for today:


June 21 - See As I See
I bless you.  I promise you release.  Joy in Me.  You shall be shielded from the storm.
Wonders have unfolded.  Just to come before Me and stay for a while in My Presence - this must strengthen and help you.  Learn of Me.  The only way for so many in My world to keep calm, sane, is to have the mind which is in Jesus Christ.  The mind which is in Me. That mind you can never obtain by reasoning, or by reading, but only by living with Me and sharing My Life. Think much of Me. Speak much of Me.  See others as I see them.  Let nothing less satisfy you.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly
 in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.  For my yoke
 is easy, and my burden is light.  Matthew 11:29-30

The only way to consistently walk in love and see people the way that Jesus sees people is to spend time in His presence through prayer, praise and worship, study and meditation of His Word and intimate fellowship with Him. When we do that we will begin to think more like Him, then we will begin to speak more like Him and we will act more like Him! THAT is the only true unity! Here is a little different version of "Touching Heaven, Changing Earth" by Hillsong:




Shalom in Him!