Friday, March 30, 2012

Shalom,


I spend most of my time in the Amplified Bible and the King James Version, but I always check out other versions and translations to see if they may clarify or add something. Today I want to share some of Psalm 89 from The Message Bible. Verses 1-8:

1 Your love, God, is my song, and I'll sing it!
I'm forever telling everyone how faithful you are. 
2 I'll never quit telling the story of your love — 
how you built the cosmos
and guaranteed everything in it.
Your love has always been our lives' foundation,
your fidelity has been the roof over our world. 
3 You once said, "I joined forces with my chosen leader,
I pledged my word to my servant, David, saying, 
4 'Everyone descending from you is guaranteed life;
I'll make your rule as solid and lasting as rock.'" 


5 God! Let the cosmos praise your wonderful ways,
the choir of holy angels sing anthems to your faithful ways! 
6 Search high and low, scan skies and land,
you'll find nothing and no one quite like God. 
7 The holy angels are in awe before him;
he looms immense and august over everyone around him. 
8 God of the Angel Armies, who is like you,
powerful and faithful from every angle? 

I love the common language in these verses! Our God is such a GOOD God! Did you notice what this Psalm says about His Covenant with King David and all of the nation of Israel? Look at verses 20-24:

20 I found David, my servant,
poured holy oil on his head, 
21 And I'll keep my hand steadily on him,
yes, I'll stick with him through thick and thin. 
22 No enemy will get the best of him,
no scoundrel will do him in. 
23 I'll weed out all who oppose him,
I'll clean out all who hate him. 
24 I'm with him for good and I'll love him forever;
I've set him on high — he's riding high! 

Does that sound like God will ever give up on the nation of Israel, whom David represents? Absolutely not! Even when they turned their back on Him, He never gave up on them! Look at verses 28-37:


28 I'll preserve him eternally in my love,
I'll faithfully do all I so solemnly promised. 
29 I'll guarantee his family tree
and underwrite his rule. 
30 If his children refuse to do what I tell them,
if they refuse to walk in the way I show them, 
31 If they spit on the directions I give them
and tear up the rules I post for them 
32 — I'll rub their faces in the dirt of their rebellion
and make them face the music. 
33 But I'll never throw them out,
never abandon or disown them. 
34 Do you think I'd withdraw my holy promise?
or take back words I'd already spoken? 
35 I've given my word, my whole and holy word;
do you think I would lie to David? 
36 His family tree is here for good,
his sovereignty as sure as the sun, 
37 Dependable as the phases of the moon,
inescapable as weather."

The TRUTH that God will never forsake Israel should be  GREAT good news to those of us who have received Jesus of Nazareth as Lord and personal Savior, for WE as the "wild branch" have been grafted in with the natural branches! We are one with them (See Romans 2 and Romans 11)! Hallelujah! Now we can say, with them, verse 52:

52 Blessed be God forever and always!
Yes. Oh, yes. 

Amen!  He IS the Mighty One of Israel, and here is a song that says so!




Shalom in Him!