Monday, March 26, 2012

Shalom,


Although I prefer devotionals that contain more of the Word of God, I really liked today's entry in Heaven Calling:


The Scripture reference is 1 Samuel 17:33 (NIV):


33 You are not able to go out against this Philistine and fight him; you are only a boy, and he has been a fighting from his youth.


Do people ever try to discourage YOU from doing what God has called you to do? Here is a portion of the Devotional:


A Matter Of Perspective


I see everything with perfect clarity, my child - and I offer clarity to you. I am never clouded by doubt, worry, or prejudice. I know the end from the beginning. You can rely on my perspective.


Saul failed to rely on me - and his vision was clouded by fear. In contrast, David saw the enemy from my point of view and knew he could be victorious with my help.


Are you looking at problems through your perspective or mine? On your own, you see an insurmountable mountain - a "giant" of a problem - while I see a tiny dot on the roadmap of your life. From my vantage point, the problem pales in comparison to the solution I've provided. 


I'm here to help you see your way clearly - all the way to victory. Rely on me to see you through.


That DOES sound like the Word of God, doesn't it? Look at Psalm 85:8-9:


8 I will listen [with expectancy] to what God the LORD will say, for He will speak peace to His people, to His saints (those who are in right standing with Him) -- but let them not turn again to [self-confident] folly. 9 Surely His salvation is near to those who reverently and worshipfully fear Him, [and is ready to be appropriated] that [the manifest presence of God, His] glory may tabernacle and abide in our land.


God will speak "peace" to us! This is the Hebrew word "shalom". This word means: completeness, soundness, welfare, peace, safety, health, prosperity, tranquility, contentment.God desires to have His SHALOM operating in our lives because then our lives point completely to Him! If HE is lifted up in thanksgiving and praise, He WILL draw people to Himself! I LOVE bringing glory to God, don't you? Here is Hillsong with "God One And Only":




Shalom in Him!