Thursday, February 9, 2012

Shalom,


Psalm 40:1-4:


1 I WAITED patiently and expectantly for the LORD; and He inclined to me and heard my cry. 2 He drew me up out of a horrible pit [a pit of tumult and of destruction], out of the miry clay (froth and slime), and set my feet upon a rock, steadying my steps and establishing my goings. 3 And He has put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many shall see and fear (revere and worship) and put their trust and confident reliance in the LORD. 4 Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) is the man who makes the LORD his refuge and trust, and turns not to the proud or to followers of false gods.


I look at these verses today in the light of what is happening TO our nation and all over the world! God delivered each of us from something far worse than the events happening in the world today! No matter how bad things appear to be on the earth, eternal death is SO MUCH WORSE! Don't you think that the God Who defeated the devil is big enough, strong enough, and smart enough to deliver us from anything and everything that the enemy could possibly dream up? Of course He can!!! What WE have to do is to spend more time in the Word; more time in prayer; and more time in thanksgiving, praise and worship! Do NOT look to the elections as the answer! JESUS has ALWAYS been the only ANSWER! Verse 4 tells us who NOT to put our trust in! The proud (those who think they can do it without God) and the followers of false gods (Islam, Mormonism, Buddhism, etc.)! If we look to natural means, then we must be satisfied with natural results. Let's be BOLD and STRONG and really expect GOD to honor His Word and our prayer! Preach the Gospel, live the life, and speak out for those who cannot! And then pray, pray, pray! THIS is what God promises HIS people: 2 Chronicles 7:14:


14 If MY people, who are called by MY Name, shall humble themselves, pray, seek, crave, and require of necessity My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land.


ARE YOU READY? Here is "Blessed" by Hillsong:




Shalom  In Him!