Monday, February 6, 2012

Shalom,


I really like this from the devotional, "Heaven Calling" (put out by Zondervan) for today:


A Heart Of Flesh

Spotting someone's audacious refusal to obey me is easy, isn't it? Pharaoh's livestock was dead, many of his men lay dead in the streets from the hail I sent, and his own body was covered in boils. Yet Pharaoh still raised his fist to me.

Many who read of Pharaoh's response shake their heads -- even though they have acted in the same way. Every time someone flippantly disregards a minister's Biblical admonition - he disregards me. Every time my Spirit convicts a person and she refuses to change - she dishonors me.

You see, dear one, a heart doesn't always grow hard over big issues. Often the smallest issues develop the deepest roots and leads to longstanding attitudes of bitterness and resentment. The good news is, I can turn a stony heart into a heart of flesh. Remorse brings repentance, and that is always my goal.


2 Corinthians 7:10 says this:

10 For godly sorrow works repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world works death.

This is the "remorse" that is spoken of above! Recognize when you have failed to obey His leading and direction, confess it as sin according to 1 John 1:9, receive your forgiveness and move into "salvation"! That is the Greek word "soteria" which means:  rescue; safety; deliver; health; preservation. God desires that for us even more than we do for ourselves. Here is Hillsong with "Salvation Is Here":


Shalom in Him!