Saturday, February 25, 2012

Shalom,


Here is Psalm 56:3-4 from five different translations of the Bible:


(KJV) 3 What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee. 4 In God I will praise his Word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.


(ESV)  3 When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. 4 In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I shall not be afraid. What can flesh do to me?


(AMP)  3 What time I am afraid, I will have confidence in and put my trust and reliance in You. 4 By [the help of] God I will praise His Word; on God I lean, rely, and confidently put my trust; I will not fear. What can man, who is flesh, do to me?


(CJB)  4(3) When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. 5(4) In God - I praise His Word - in God I trust; I have no fear; what can human power do to me?


(The Message) 3 When I get really afraid I come to you in trust. 4 I'm proud to praise God; fearless now, I trust in God. What can mere mortals do?


We know that the Word of God says that those who choose to live a godly life once they are "in Christ" (born again), WILL suffer persecution (2 Timothy 3:12)! There will be tests, trials, tribulations and temptations to go contrary to the Word of God! Psalm 56:5-6 describe some of that:


5 All day long they twist my words and trouble my affairs; all their thoughts are against me for evil and my hurt. 6 They gather themselves together, they hide themselves, they watch my steps, even as they have [expectantly] waited for my life.


THIS is very real in OUR TIMES! Our only viable answer is to be a DOER of verses 3-4!. Then we can declare verses 9-13:


9 Then shall my enemies turn back in the day that I cry out; this I know, for God is for me. 10 In God, Whose Word I praise, in the LORD, Whose Word I praise, 11 In God have I put my trust and confident reliance; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me? 12 Your vows are upon me, O God; I will render praise to You and give You thank offerings. 13 For You have delivered my life from death, yes, and my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of life and of the  living.


DON'T put your trust and reliance on mankind! Even the very best of us WILL fail sometimes! Instead, make your confidence in Him grow by meditating constantly on the promises in His Word! Amen!  Here is Hillsong with "I Will Run To You":




Shalom in Him!