Thursday, July 28, 2011

WEDNESDAY'S POST

Shalom,


Psalm 26:1-3:


1 VINDICATE ME, O LORD, for I have walked in my integrity; I have [expectantly] trusted in, leaned on, and relied on the LORD without wavering and I shall not slide. 2 Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; test my heart and my mind. 3 For Your loving-kindness is before my eyes, and I have walked in Your Truth [faithfully].


WHEN can WE say this about ourselves? When we have obeyed 1 John 1:9! We all miss it, most of us at sometime every day! 1 John 1:9 was given to born again believers so that we can stay in close, intimate fellowship with the One, True, Most high, Living, Almighty God of the Bible! It will help us to  be able to miss it less if we also obey Psalm 26:4-5:


4 I do not sit with false persons, nor fellowship with pretenders; 5 I hate the company of evildoers and will not sit with the wicked.


As born again believers, we should NOT be spending significant time with unbelievers except to minister to them! Now this is not speaking of the time you must be on the job or in the classroom. It is speaking of the time when YOU choose who you are around! That time should be spent with like-minded believers, which is time well spent! That will help us to be in THIS frame of mind: verses 6-8:


6 I will wash my hands in innocence, and go about Your altar, O LORD, 7 That I may make the voice of thanksgiving heard and may tell of all Your wondrous works. 8 LORD, I love the habitation of Your house, and the place where Your glory dwells.


THAT is the place of protection, provision and safety; the place of anointing; the place of power; the place to receive leading, guidance and direction! learn to desire intimate fellowship with HIM! He already desires to spend that time with YOU!


Matthew 26 covers the time of the Passover supper, the time in the garden of Gethsemane, the capture of Jesus and the interrogation at the house of Caiaphas. Here are two clips from the Visual Bible-Matthew that cover most of this. They are very well done and should help in your meditation today!




2 Kings 3-4 covers some of the miraculous things that happened through the ministry of the prophet Elisha! One that particularly interested me today is found in 2 Kings 4:42-44:


42 [At another time] a man from Baal-shalisha ca,e and brought the man of God bread of the firstfruits, twenty loaves of barley, and fresh ears of grain [in the husk] in his sack. And Elisha said, give to the men that they may eat. 43 His servant said, How am I to set [only] this before a hundred [hungry] men? He said, Give to the men that they may eat. For thus says the LORD: They shall be fed and have some left. 44 So he set it before them, and they ate and left some, as the LORD had said.


Does THAT remind you of anything from the New Testament? We now have three instances of where many people were fed from a small offering and there was even food left over! We should NEVER be concerned about where our next meal is coming from! Remember THIS promise from Psalm 37:25:


25 I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.


Stay in the Word and filled with the Spirit, so that when the need arises, we will be in position to allow the "wondrous works of God" to be done through US! AMEN!


Shalom in Him!