Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Shalom,

The introduction to Psalm 18 says this:

To the Chief Musician. [ A Psalm] of David the servant of the LORD, who spoke the words of this song to the LORD on the day when the LORD delivered him from the hand of all his enemies and from the hand of Saul. And he said:

This is how David rejoiced when when he experienced God's deliverance! Verses 1-3:

1 I LOVE You fervently and devotedly, O LORD, my Strength. 2 The LORD is my Rock, my Fortress, and my Deliverer; my God, my keen and firm Strength in Whom I will trust and take refuge, my Shield, and the Horn of my salvation, my High Tower. 3 I will call upon the LORD, Who is to be praised; so shall I be saved from my enemies.

Notice all of the names that David had for the LORD. Every one of those names represents some  form of God's protection, provision and safety! How did David say that he would be saved from his enemies? By calling on the LORD in praise! Make sure that you come to Him in faith (trust and confidence in God AND His Word) and WITH praise, thanksgiving and worship! That attitude shows your confidence in His ability AND willingness to deliver you! God LOVES that! AMEN!

I especially like verses 20-24 in the Message Bible:

20 God made my life complete when I placed all the pieces before Him.
When I got my act together, He gave me a fresh start.
21 Now I'm alert to God's ways; I don't take God for granted.
22 Every day I review the ways he works; I try not to miss a trick.
23 I feel put back together, and I'm watching my step. 
24 God rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to His eyes.

GOD does the work in our lives when WE submit our lives to Him! Philippians 1:6:

6 And I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that he Who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ [right up to the time of His return], developing [that good work] and perfecting and bringing it to full completion in you.

That is OUR God, doing HIS work, in OUR lives, for HIS glory! I LOVE it! I MUST sing, with David:

46 The LORD lives! Blessed be my Rock; and let the God of my salvation be exalted! 

Here is a different version of Psalm 18 by Cory Asbury:


Then we have THIS promise in Matthew 18:19-20:

19 Again I tell you, if two of you on earth agree (harmonize together, make a symphony together) about whatever [anything and everything] they may ask, it will come to pass and be done for them by My Father in heaven. 20 For wherever two or three are gathered (drawn together as My followers) in (into) My Name, there I AM in the midst of them.

As born again believers, we each have the Holy Spirit of God living IN us. When we gather together in His Name, He is also AMONG us! The anointing is stronger to minister to the needs of the people! I believe that is one of the reasons that Jesus sent out His disciples in pairs! They didn't have the Holy Spirit IN them yet, but He anointed them (the Holy Spirit ON them) for service! The Prayer of Agreement is a very powerful type of prayer! That is why we are encouraged to spend time with like-minded believers! There must be a "symphony" of faith in God's Word. Continue to grow in the Word of God and spend time with others who do also. Then you won't lack for prayer partners to agree with YOU in prayer! 

In 2 Chronicles 16-17 we see that though Asa BEGAN his reign doing what was "right in the eyes of the LORD", he didn't finish his reign that way! 2 Chronicles 17:3-4 tells us that Asa's son Jehoshaphat was also a godly king:

3 The LORD was with Jehoshaphat because he walked in the first ways of his father [David]. He did not seek the Baals 4 But sought and yearned with all his desire for the LORD, the God of his father, and walked in His commandments and not after the ways of Israel.

Keep reading to find out what happens next!

Shalom in Him!