Thursday, July 7, 2011

Shalom,


Psalm 6 is a Psalm of David. He is calling out to God for deliverance from his present situation. He addresses the Lord eight times in this Psalm as the Lord JEHOVAH! This is the Covenant Name  of Almighty God! It means: the Eternal, Self-existing One. David is standing on the Word of God, on the basis of the Covenant. Does David believe this? ABSOLUTELY!!! Look at verses 8-10:


8 Depart from me, all you workers of iniquity, for the LORD has heard the voice of my weeping. 9 The LORD has heard my supplication; the LORD receives my prayer. 10 Let all my enemies be ashamed and sorely troubled; let them turn back and be put to shame suddenly.


You and I, as born again believers, CAN say the same thing of our prayers IF they line up with the Word of God! How do we know? Look at 1 John 5:14-15:


14 And this is the confidence (the assurance, the privilege of boldness) which we have in Him: [we are sure] that if we ask anything (make any request) according to His will (in agreement with His own plan), He listens to and hears us. 15 And if (since) we [positively] know that He listens to us in whatever we ask, we also know [with settled and absolute knowledge] that we have [granted us as our present possessions] the requests made of Him.


Find out what the Word of God has to say about ANY situation that you are facing. Then pray THAT prayer. He will hear you, and when He hears, we RECEIVE! Thank You, Jesus! AMEN!


Matthew 6 continues with the Sermon on the Mount. Verses 31-33 go right along with what we just looked at in Psalm 6:


31 Therefore do not worry and be anxious, saying, What are we going to have to eat? or, What are we going to have to drink? or, What are we going to have to wear? 32 For the Gentiles (heathen) wish for and crave and diligently seek all these things, and your heavenly Father knows well that you need them all. 33 But seek (aim at and strive after) first of all His kingdom and His righteousness (His way of doing and being right), and then all these things taken together will be given to you besides.


Seek to spend time in His presence by spending time in the Word, time in praise, thanksgiving and worship, time in fellowship with Him and then pray believing that HE will meet those needs and answer the prayers that line up with His Word! 


1 Chronicles 6:5-6 answer the Jerusalem question FOREVER!


5 Since the day that I brought My people out of the land of Egypt, I chose no city among all the tribes of Israel to build a house in, that My Name might be there, neither chose I any man to be a ruler over My people Israel; 6 But I have chosen Jerusalem, that My Name [and the symbol of My presence] might be there, and I have chosen David to be over My people Israel.


GOD HAS SPOKEN and no nation on earth will ever again take Jerusalem from the nation of Israel! When we were in Israel last year, our Tour Guide shared these next verses with us, encouraging us to pray, knowing they would be answered! Verses 32-33:


32 Also concerning the stranger who is not or Your people Israel but has come from a far country for Your great Name's sake and Your  mighty power and Your outstretched are -- if he comes and prays toward this house, 33 Hear from heaven, from Your dwelling place, and do all for which the stranger calls to You, that all peoples of the earth may know Your Name and fear You [reverently and worshipfully], as do Your people Israel, and may know that this house which I have built is called by Your  Name.


We did pray toward where the Temple used to be by praying at the Western Wall! I have GREAT confidence that those prayers have already been answered! AMEN!  Here is a picture of the Western Wall and the sign explaining it:






When Solomon had finished praying, the LORD consumed the offering and His glory so filled the entire house that the priests could not even enter! God claimed the Temple as HIS! Then He said this, among other things, to Solomon in chapter 7 and verse 14:


14 If My people, who are called by My Name, shall humble themselves, pray, seek, crave, and require of necessity My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land.


We hear that verse quoted a lot these days, but not always in its entirety! We are not just to pray, but to SEEK HIS FACE! The Amplified, above, tells us to require His presence as our vital NECESSITY! Make sure that you are pursuing HIM when you pray, and you WILL receive! AMEN!


Shalom in Him!