Thursday, July 28, 2011

Shalom,


Psalm 27:1-3:


1 THE LORD is my Light and my Salvation -- whom shall I fear or dread? The LORD is the Refuge and Stronghold of my life -- of whom shall I be afraid? 2 When the wicked, even my enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat my flesh, they stumbled and fell. 3 Though a host encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war arise against me, [even then] in this will I be confident.


What was it that David was confident in during times of great trouble and peril? He was confident in Who the LORD was to him from verse 1: His Light, Salvation, Refuge and Stronghold! There is only one way to have that kind of faith, trust and confidence in the LORD! Verse 4:


4 One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek, inquire for, and [insistently] require: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD [in His presence] all the days of my life, to behold and gaze upon the beauty [the sweet attractiveness and the delightful loveliness] of the LORD and to meditate, consider, and inquire in his temple.


In David's time the presence of the LORD was found in the Tabernacle! For us, look at 1 Corinthians 3:16:


16 Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?


THAT is where we find His presence! Then we can have the same confidence that David had, and even greater! I like verse 3 and verses 5-6 in the Message Bible:


3 When besieged, I'm calm as a baby. When all hell breaks loose, I'm collected and cool. 


5 That's the only quiet, secure place in a noisy world, The perfect getaway, far from the buzz of traffic. 6 God holds me head and shoulders above all who try to pull me down. I'm headed for His place to offer anthems that will raise the roof! Already I'm singing God-songs; I'm making music to God.


That attitude during times of trouble is a witness and a testimony to the fearful world that their IS and Answer, and His Name is JESUS! Here is an older song from Hillsong called: You Are/ You Are Lord taken from Psalm 27!




In Matthew 27 we read about Pilate giving Jesus over to be crucified. The soldiers beat, spit on and mock Him. Then they take Jesus out to crucify Him. While on the cross, the chief priests, the scribes, the elders and others continue to mock Him! The very people He was dying to save, were treating Him  as one of little or no worth! Read through this chapter again allowing the Holy Spirit to show you what it was like from Jesus' perspective! When you feel all of that righteous indignation rise up to the point that you ALMOST wish Jesus would have gotten down from the cross and showed them all His power, then read THIS in Hebrews 12:3-4:


3 Just think of him Who endured from sinners such grievous opposition and bitter hostility against Him [reckon and consider it all in comparison with your trials], so that you may not grow weary or exhausted, losing heart and relaxing and fainting in your minds. 4 You have not yet struggled and fought agonizingly against sin, not have you yet resisted and withstood to the point of pouring out your [own] blood.


Do you see what the Holy Spirit is telling us? Jesus never lashed out at them, even once! He endured! We haven't dealt with anything even remotely as testing as what He went through! We CAN walk in love, stand strong, and be patient for the manifestation of what we are believing God for! AMEN!


There are many things we could discuss in 2 Kings 5-6, but one thing really stood out to me today! When Naaman the leper came to Elisha to be cured of his leprosy, this is what happened: 2 Kings 5:9-10:


9 So Naaman came with his horses and chariots and stopped at Elisha's door. 10  Elisha sent a messenger to him, saying, Go and wash in the Jordan seven times, and your flesh shall be clean.


Naaman came first of all to the king of Israel hoping to receive his healing. The king sent him to Elisha, at Elisha's request. When he arrived at Elisha's house, he didn't get to see Elisha, but a messenger! Naaman did NOT like that, OR the message! His own servants convinced him to obey the instructions and he was healed and cleansed! What is OUR lesson from all of this? DON'T put God in a box! He will work through any and all of His people who will allow Him to! YOU don't need a particular minster or ministry in order to receive what YOU need from God! You have His Word and His Spirit available to you as a born again, Spirit-filled believer in Jesus of Nazareth! Learn the Word, study the Word, meditate on the Word, speak the Word and act on the Word, and you WILL have the results promised by the Word! If the Holy Spirit gives you something specific to do, DO IT! Otherwise just stick with the Word! You get the results and God gets the glory! AMEN!


Shalom in Him!