Friday, July 8, 2011

Shalom,


Psalm 7 is a psalm of David during the time that Cush the Benjamite was causing problems for him by lying to king Saul. David say this in verse 6:


6 Arise, O LORD, in Your anger; life up Yourself against the rage of my enemies; and awake [and stir up] for me the justice and vindication [that] You have commanded.


David was doing the RIGHT thing in the face  of persecution by his enemies. Romans 12:19 tells us what God has instructed concerning this:


19 Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave the way open for [God's] wrath; for it is written, Vengeance is Mine, I will repay (requite), says the Lord.


Rather than try to take matters into his own hands, David counted on the Lord to deliver him. Even though there were times when Saul was within his grasp, he refused to handle the situation himself. Carry out the things that God has given YOU to do, and allow Him to do HIS part! Then you can say with David, from verse 17:


17 I will give to the LORD the thanks due to His rightness and justice, and I will sing praise to the Name of the LORD Most High.


Matthew 7:1-2 goes right along with this:


1 DO NOT judge and criticize and condemn others, so that you may not be judged and criticized and condemned yourselves. 2 For just as you judge and criticize and condemn others, you will be judged and criticized and condemned, and in accordance with the measure you [use to] deal out to others, it will be dealt out again to you.


God WILL take care of those who do wrong to us, so continue to pray for and bless those who do you wrong, and keep yourselves walking in the love that never fails (1 Corinthians 13:8)! Here is Chris Tomlin singing: "Our God IS Greater":




Ecclesiastes is a sorry and sad view of life on earth! It comes from the perspective of Solomon AFTER he began to go His own way, instead of God's way! He had asked for Wisdom and God gave him Wisdom, but he stopped ACTING on the Wisdom he had! Notice what he said on Ecclesiastes 1:16:


16 I entered into counsel with my own mind, saying, Behold, I have acquired great wisdom, yes, more than all who have been over Jerusalem before me; and my mind has had great experience of [moral] wisdom and [scientific] knowledge. 17 And I gave my mind to know [practical] wisdom and to discern [the character of] madness and folly [in which men seem to find satisfaction]; I perceived that this also is a searching after wind and a feeding on it.


Solomon had been GIVEN Godly Wisdom, but he searched out his own! Notice how many times in this and the next chapter that he says "I'" and "myself". Solomon became obsessed with himself instead of the One, True, Most High, Living, Almighty God of the Bible! Don't ever take YOUR eyes off of HIM! EVERYTHING good in your life, give GOD the credit, thanksgiving and praise for it! That will keep you humble before Him and then HE can lift you up! 


Shalom in Him!