Sunday, July 24, 2011

Shalom,


Here is Psalm 23 in The Living Bible:


1 Because the Lord is my Shepherd, I have everything I need! 2-3 He lets me rest in the meadow grass and leads me beside the quiet streams. He gives me strength. He helps me do what honors Him the most. 4 Even when walking through the dark valley of death I will not be afraid, for You are close beside me, guarding, guiding all the way. 5 You provide delicious food for me in the presence of my enemies. You have welcomed me as Your guest; blessings overflow! 6 Your goodness and unfailing kindness shall be with me all of my life, and afterwards I will live with You forever in Your home.


I really enjoy meditating on the Word of God by reading other versions and translations! It can give a whole new perspective on a verse we've read many times before! Here is another way to meditate the Word: The Sons Of Korah singing Psalm 23:




IN Matthew 23:1-3:


1 THEN JESUS said to the multitudes and to His disciples, 2 The scribes and Pharisees sit on Moses' seat [of authority]. 3 So observe and practice all they tell you; but do not do what they do , for they preach, but do not practice.


Don't ever let yourself follow PEOPLE! It doesn't make any difference WHO they are, they WILL make mistakes. That's why we have to study the Word of God for ourselves. The Pastor of The Spoken Word Church has ALWAYS encouraged the congregation to check out everything he teaches to make sure that it lines up with God's Word! Obey the Word and you cannot fail!


Shalom in Him!