Thursday, October 18, 2007

Shalom,

Today I want to share a very powerful Scripture that, when we really get it inside of us, will change our lives forever! We will never be discouraged or held back by the enemy of our souls again! That Scripture is this:

Philippians 4:13 (KJV)
13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Do you understand what that means, that we can do ALL things? The words "can do" here is the Greek word, ischuo, which means: to have or exercise force, be strong, have power, have strength to overcome. Do you understand HOW Christ strengthens you and me? The word "strengtheneth" here is the Greek word, endunamoo, which means: to empower, enable, endue with strength. It comes from the Greek word, dunamis, which means: miraculous power or inherent power. I want to show you the Amplified translation and see if that doesn't clear some things up!

Philippians 4:13 (Amplified)
13I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency].

This says I have the strength or the power to overcome in every situation! I am up to the task! Where does this power or strength come from? From Him Who infuses me with His strength, His power, His ability. The word infuse means: to cause to be permeated with something that alters usually for the better. The example would be like a tea bag in a cup of hot water. What happens to that clear water when the tea is "infused" into it? It changes that water. That water is filled with the smell and flavor of the contents of the tea bag. That is what happens to our inner man. When we are born again, the Spirit of God recreates our old, dead spirit and makes it completely new and in the image of God. We look like Him! The Holy Spirit lives in us from that time on. All of the ability of God lives in us, but we have to learn how to release it. When we meditate on God's Word until the understanding comes, then we can act on it or obey it. As a born again believer in Jesus Christ, you NOW have all the power of God residing in you to accomplish everything He has called you to do!

If you are not a born again believer in Jesus Christ, if you have never accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior, then you DO NOT have this power available to you. You are at the mercy of the world, the devil and his demon spirits. Is there really ANY reason you can't accept and receive Jesus Christ as your personal Savior right now? Believe in your heart and pray this prayer with me right now:

Almighty God, I am a sinner. I believe that Jesus Christ came to this earth, died on the cross for me, was raised from the dead, and is now seated at Your right hand. I accept and receive Jesus Christ as my personal Saviour and I invite Him to come into my heart and become Lord over my life. I thank You now Father, for welcoming me into Your family. You are my Father. I am Your child. Jesus is my Lord! Amen.

Now you are a child of God. You have the Spirit of God living inside of you and you CAN DO anything and everything He calls you to do!

Have a wonderful day filled with thanksgiving and praise for Who He is and all that He has done for you!

Shalom in Him!