Thursday, October 11, 2007

Shalom,

I want to share with you today from 1 John chapter 5 about answered prayer. First, though, we need to establish who these verses are addressed to. 1 John 5:11-13 tells us this:

1 John 5:11-13
11And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
12He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
13These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.


The Amplified Bible says this:

1John5:11-13 11And this is that testimony (that evidence): God gave us eternal life, and this life is in His Son.
12He who possesses the Son has that life; he who does not possess the Son of God does not have that life.
13I write this to you who believe in (adhere to, trust in, and rely on) the name of the Son of God so that you may know [with settled and absolute knowledge] that you [already] have life, yes, eternal life.

So we see from these Scriptures that the verses we will be looking at are directed to born again believers. Those who have received Jesus as Lord and personal Savior. Let's look, then, at 1 John 5:14-15:

1 John 5:14-15
14And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
15And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

The Amplified Bible says:

1 John5:14-15 14And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
15And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

What we see here in 1 John is that what we have to do to get our prayers answered is to find out what God's will is. We know that His Word reveals His will, so what we are really saying is: find out what God's Word has to say. Ask according to His Word (His will) and he hears and when He hears, we HAVE IT! What a powerful promise!

Spend time today finding out what God has promised YOU! Then you can pray in faith believing and KNOWING that you have the answer. If you are not a believer, then this does not include you. Is there any reason you can't receive Jesus as your Lord and personal Savior today? Pray this prayer, believing, and receive:

Almighty God, I am a sinner. I believe that Jesus Christ came to this earth, died on the cross for me, was raised from the dead, and is now seated at Your right hand. I accept and receive Jesus Christ as my personal Saviour and I invite Him to come into my heart and become Lord over my life. I thank You now Father, for welcoming me into Your family. You are my Father. I am Your child. Jesus is my Lord. Amen!

Have a wonderful day filled with His love and His Word!

Shalom in Him!