Monday, August 26, 2019

Shalom,

We read
Psalm 56 in our Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan for today. Verses 9-13 are some of my favorites for encouraging myself in the Lord, just as David did! :
Then shall my enemies turn back in the day that I cry out; this I know, for God is for me. 10 In God, Whose word I praise, in the Lord, Whose word I praise, 11 In God have I put my trust and confident reliance; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me? 12 Your vows are upon me, O God; I will render praise to You and give You thank offerings. 13 For You have delivered my life from death, yes, and my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of life and of the living.

Psalm 56 is speaking of David's thoughts when he was in the presence of the Philistines in Gath. The vows that he is speaking of are his own vows to God in verses 3-4:
What time I am afraid, I will have confidence in and put my trust and reliance in You. By [the help of] God I will praise His word; on God I lean, rely, and confidently put my trust; I will not fear. What can man, who is flesh, do to me?

So David was giving God the praise for delivering him. I encourage myself with verses 9-10! I KNOW that God is ALWAYS for me! He is NEVER against me! So, I put my complete trust and confidence in HIM to deliver ME out of every situation, scheme, strategy and trick of the enemy! There is no place for 'fear of man' when we have and operate in the FEAR of the LORD! When we hold HIM in the highest place and exalt HIM for WHO HE IS! Then I can be assured that I AM who HE says I AM! AMEN! Here is Hillsong with that very song to encourage YOU to encourage yourself with HIS TRUTH! AMEN! 


Shalom in Him!