Saturday, August 31, 2019

Shalom,

Psalm 61 in our Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan is a Psalm of David who was one of the very best worshipers! 
Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. From the end of the earth will I cry to You, when my heart is overwhelmed and fainting; lead me to the rock that is higher than I [yes, a rock that is too high for me]. For You have been a shelter and a refuge for me, a strong tower against the adversary. I will dwell in Your tabernacle forever; let me find refuge and trust in the shelter of Your wings. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]! For You, O God, have heard my vows; You have given me the heritage of those who fear, revere, and honor Your name. May You prolong the [true] King’s life [adding days upon days], and may His years be to the last generation [of this world and the generations of the world to come]. May He sit enthroned forever before [the face of] God; O ordain that loving-kindness and faithfulness may watch over Him! So will I sing praise to Your name forever, paying my vows day by day.

I like The Passion Translation for this Psalm, too!

61 To the Pure and Shining One
A song for the guitar by King David


O God, hear my prayer. Listen to my heart’s cry.
For no matter where I am, even when I’m far from home,
I will cry out to you for a father’s help.
When I’m feeble and overwhelmed by life,
guide me into your glory, where I am safe and sheltered.
Lord, you are a paradise of protection to me.
You lift me high above the fray.
None of my foes can touch me
when I’m held firmly in your wrap-around presence!
Keep me in this glory.
Let me live continually under your splendor-shadow,
hiding my life in you forever.
Pause in his presence
You have heard my sweet resolutions
to love and serve you, for I am your beloved.
And you have given me an inheritance of rich treasures,
which you give to all your lovers.
You treat me like a king, giving me a full and abundant life,
years and years of reigning,
like many generations rolled into one.
I will live enthroned with you forever!
Guard me, God, with your unending, unfailing love.
Let me live my days walking in grace and truth before you.
And my praises will fill the heavens forever,
fulfilling my vow to make every day a love gift to you!


We all have moments when we feel weary and may even be tempted to give up and quit. WHEN we do, THIS is the response we should have! Call on the ONE Who loves you MOST! There IS no greater LOVE than HIS! Holy Spirit within you, as a born again believer, will comfort you, encourage you, exhort you and lead you on to victory IF you refuse to quit! Instead, praise God with all that is within you, as David did, and watch HIS favor flow! AMEN! Here is Hillsong UNITED with "Whole Heart":


Shalom in Him!