Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Shalom,

I have mentioned a lot on this blog the TRUTH that it is not enough to just hear the Word of God, but we must meditate on it so that we can DO it! Joshua 1:8 and James 1:22-24:

This Book of the Law shall not depart out of your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, that you may observe and do according to all that is written in it. For then you shall make your way prosperous, and then you shall deal wisely and have good success.

22 But prove yourselves doers of the word [actively and continually obeying God’s precepts], and not merely listeners [who hear the word but fail to internalize its meaning], deluding yourselves [by unsound reasoning contrary to the truth]. 23 For if anyone only listens to the word without obeying it, he is like a man who looks very carefully at his natural face in a mirror; 24 for once he has looked at himself and gone away, he immediately forgets what he looked like.

Today's "Faith Food" by Kenneth E. Hagin speaks of this is the context of receiving healing from the Lord and His Word:

Doing Philippians 4:6

"Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition (definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God" (Philippians  4:6 AMP). 
A minister once came to me for advice. There were many storms in his life, and I felt sorry for him. He couldn't eat or sleep. 

Just to sympathize with him wasn't enough, so I had to read
Philippians 4:6. "But everyone doesn't have the faith you have," he told me. "Yes, but they have the same Bible," I replied, 
"and it's a matter of practicing the Word." 

Then I showed him how to practice the Word: I read a verse aloud and then told the Lord, "Your Word is true, and I believe it." When I first started practicing this verse, I believed I could make my requests known to God, but it was hard for me to believe I could keep from fretting. However, God won't ask us to do something we can't do. So when God said not to fret, this means we can keep from fretting. 

So I say aloud, "I refuse to fret or have any anxiety about anything." Then I bring my requests to the Lord and thank Him for them. This quiets the troubled spirit the devil tried to make me have. If the devil tries to get me to worry again, I simply go back, reread this verse, and keep claiming it. 

Confession:
 I am a doer of Philippians 4:6

AMEN! I hope that YOU will put this into practice today! Find what the Word of God has to say about healing, or any other situation that you are facing. Now meditate (read, study, ponder, imagine, speak (to yourself and others) until this Word of TRUTH become so real to you. Now begin to DO what Brother Hagin demonstrated above and YOU will begin to have the powerful, supernatural results that you desire! AMEN! Here is Hillsong with "Say The Word":



Shalom in Him!