Saturday, August 10, 2019

Shalom,

Today I am really blessed reading Psalm 40 in our Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan. Verses 1-6:
I waited patiently and expectantly for the Lord; and He inclined to me and heard my cry. He drew me up out of a horrible pit [a pit of tumult and of destruction], out of the miry clay (froth and slime), and set my feet upon a rock, steadying my steps and establishing my goings. And He has put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many shall see and fear (revere and worship) and put their trust and confident reliance in the Lord. Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) is the man who makes the Lord his refuge and trust, and turns not to the proud or to followers of false gods. Many, O Lord my God, are the wonderful works which You have done, and Your thoughts toward us; no one can compare with You! If I should declare and speak of them, they are too many to be numbered. Sacrifice and offering You do not desire, nor have You delight in them; You have given me the capacity to hear and obey [Your law, a more valuable service than] burnt offerings and sin offerings [which] You do not require.

HE is waiting on US to begin waiting on HIM! This "waiting on the Lord" does NOT mean to simply sit around 'waiting' for God to do something! The Hebrew word here is "qavah", which means: to bind together, to collect, to expect, to look eagerly for. We are to be actively seeking Him and obeying Him with expectant hope and eager anticipation for what He's going to do next! We have the promises of God's Word, the evidence of what He has done and the witness of Holy Spirit IN us to keep us on top of our game while being about the business that HE has called us to do! We also 'wait' on Him just as any good 'wait staff' will do for those they are serving! We give Him praise, we do those things that are pleasing to Him, we fellowship with Him, we learn more about Him every day so that we can continue to bring Him joy! Philippians 3:10 AMP is our prayer and Isaiah 40:31 IS OUR PROMISE! 

Philippians 3:10 [For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly], and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection  AMP

Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. KJV

AMEN! Meditating on God's Word every day will continue to build layer upon layer upon layer of Wisdom, knowledge and understanding on our sure foundation, as we become DOERS of that Word! Here, to help inspire you, is Hillsong UNITED with "Ready Or Not":


Shalom in Him!