Friday, August 30, 2019

Shalom,

I LOVE today's "Faith Food" by Kenneth E. Hagin! This has always been one of my favorites!


Giving the Word First Place

"Thy testimonies also are my delight and my counselors" (Psalm 119:24). 

When the crises or tests come, too many Christians say, "What are we going to do now?" 


The crises of life come to us all. But if you are Word-oriented, the first thing you will think about is, "What does the Word say about it?" 


I pastored nearly twelve years, and I found that churches have problems just like families do. They have discipline problems, financial problems, and so forth. 


I never discussed church problems with the people, because the more you talk about problems, the bigger they seem to get. But sometimes my deacon board would talk about church problems, and sure enough, the more they talked about them, the bigger the problems seemed to get. 


Then one of the deacons would look at me and say, "Oh, Brother Hagin, what in the world are we going to do?" 


I'd smile and say, "We're going to act like the Bible is true!" 


Making that little statement would cause those deacons to sigh with relief. "It is true, isn't it," they'd say. "Sure it is," I'd say. 


It's amazing how things would straighten out when we acted like the Bible is true! 


Confession: Lord, thy testimonies are my counselors. I put them first. I put God's Word first. I act like it's so. 


AMEN! It IS True! John 17:17 Tells us this:

17 Sanctify them [purify, consecrate, separate them for Yourself, make them holy] by the Truth; Your Word is Truth.

God's Word IS Truth and WE can KNOW it, IF we follow on to know it! I hope that YOU will make it YOUR 'determined purpose' to really KNOW JESUS, know the Father and know Holy Spirit, INTIMATELY! Every aspect of your life will change for the better when you have and maintain intimate fellowship with the God of the Bible! Here is Hillsong with "Your Word":



Shalom in Him!