Friday, November 17, 2017

Shalom,

We read Psalm 138 today in our Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan. I have always confessed verse 8 over my life. 

The Lord will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy and loving-kindness, O Lord, endure forever—forsake not the works of Your own hands.

"Perfect" is the Hebrew word "gamar", which means: to complete, to perform, to finish. That does not mean that He will make me 'perfect' in this life, although, as a born again believer, my spirit man IS perfect, in the image of God. However, in THIS world, as triune beings with a spirit, soul and body, ONLY the spirit man is perfect. We still must renew our minds daily with the Word of God so that our soul (mind, emotions and will) will CHOOSE to do things God's way. Wherever our soul goes, our body will follow! Here, in this life, we are a work in progress, and HE is "perfecting" that work in us, day by day, as we allow Him to! Some of that work that He does is shown in today's reading in John 15:1-3:
I am the True Vine, and My Father is the Vinedresser. Any branch in Me that does not bear fruit [that stops bearing] He cuts away (trims off, takes away); and He cleanses and repeatedly prunes every branch that continues to bear fruit, to make it bear more and richer and more excellent fruit. You are cleansed and pruned already, because of the word which I have given you [the teachings I have discussed with you].

When we allow, and invite, Him to do His work in us, then we have this promise in verse 7 to stand on in faith!

If you live in Me [abide vitally united to Me] and My words remain in you and continue to live in your hearts, ask whatever you will, and it shall be done for you.

The Word of God is FILLED with such promises to those who will choose HIM and His ways of doing and being right! I choose JESUS! How about you? Here is Hillsong with "Behold - Then Sings My Soul":


Shalom in Him!