Thursday, November 9, 2017

Shalom,

I noticed this especially today, though I have read it many times! John 7:5:

For [even] His brothers did not believe in or adhere to or trust in or rely on Him either.

The brothers of JESUS, born after his birth, when Mary was no longer a virgin, grew up in the same household with this sinless One! They grew up with this 'big brother' who NEVER did anything wrong! He never got into trouble because He NEVER sinned! I imagine that there was a great deal of jealousy involved when his siblings could never live up to His example! Remember, JESUS did NOT have the same sin nature that other people are born with! HIS Father was God! Because He was completely sinless, He could take upon Himself OUR sin in the greatest act of LOVE ever seen! But I am sure there were tensions from that! They did eventually believe in Him, and even died for their faith in Him. They, along with their mother, Mary, had to be born again and become new - IN HIM! And they did! Another thing I noticed especially in following our Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan for today is found in verses 14-15:
14 When the Feast was already half over, Jesus went up into the temple [court] and began to teach. 15 The Jews were astonished. They said, How is it that this Man has learning [is so versed in the sacred Scriptures and in theology] when He has never studied?

The Jews, including the religious leaders, were astonished that this man, who wasn't a 'big name' among the Jewish elite, knew the Scriptures so well that He could teach with such authority! The part I LOVE is the reply that JESUS gave to them! Verses 16-18:
16 Jesus answered them by saying, My teaching is not My own, but His Who sent Me. 17 If any man desires to do His will (God’s pleasure), he will know (have the needed illumination to recognize, and can tell for himself) whether the teaching is from God or whether I am speaking from Myself and of My own accord and on My own authority. 18 He who speaks on his own authority seeks to win honor for himself. [He whose teaching originates with himself seeks his own glory.] But He Who seeks the glory and is eager for the honor of Him Who sent Him, He is true; and there is no unrighteousness or falsehood or deception in Him.

I am taking this promise as my own! When I make sure that I am desiring HIS will, and not my own, then HE will make sure that I know everything that I need to know from His Word, so that I can stand on it in faith! When I seek HIS will for HIS glory, then people will be drawn to HIM rather than to me! My greatest desire is to present JESUS in such  way that all who hear of Him want to know Him more! What is YOUR goal for getting to know Him better? As long as it brings glory back to HIM, then we will have all that we need to succeed! AMEN! Here is Hillsong Worship with "Crowns":


Shalom in Him!