Thursday, November 23, 2017

Shalom,

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Today is a very appropriate time to read this from our Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan! Psalm 144:1-3:
Blessed be the Lord, my Rock and my keen and firm Strength, Who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight— My Steadfast Love and my Fortress, my High Tower and my Deliverer, my Shield and He in Whom I trust and take refuge, Who subdues my people under me. Lord, what is man that You take notice of him? Or [the] son of man that You take account of him?

"What is man that You take notice of him?" Aren't we more than thankful that He DOES? AMEN! What SHOULD our response to such a LOVE be? Verse 9:

I will sing a new song to You, O God; upon a harp, an instrument of ten strings, will I offer praises to You.

Why? Because THIS in verse 15!

15 Happy and blessed are the people who are in such a case; yes, happy (blessed, fortunate, prosperous, to be envied) are the people whose God is the Lord!

AMEN! Spend extra time today reminding yourself and your loved ones of all that our wonderful LORD has done for you! Also, spend some time alone with HIM, speaking to Him in your known language and in the wonderful, powerful spiritual language that He has placed inside of you! All the while remembering THESE promises!

1 Corinthians 14:2:For one who speaks in an [unknown] tongue speaks not to men but to God, for no one understands or catches his meaning, because in the [Holy] Spirit he utters secret truths and hidden things [not obvious to the understanding].

1 Corinthians 14:4 He who speaks in a [strange] tongue edifies and improves himself

1 Corinthians 14:14 For if I pray in an [unknown] tongue, my spirit [by the [Holy Spirit within me] prays

1 Corinthians 114:17 To be sure, you may give thanks well 

And the last one covers what we SHOULD do!

1 Corinthians 14:15 Then what am I to do? I will pray with my spirit [by the Holy Spirit that is within me], but I will also pray [intelligently] with my mind and understanding; I will sing with my spirit [by the Holy Spirit that is within me], but I will sing [intelligently] with my mind and understanding also.

AMEN! We are triune beings, just like our Triune (Trinity) God! We are spirits, who have souls and, while on the earth, live in these physical bodies! We contact God with our spirits, so let's GO FOR IT with all of the 'tools' He has given us! AMEN! Here is Hillsong UNITED with a song of Thanksgiving called "Thank You":


Shalom in Him!