Saturday, July 4, 2015

Shalom,

Happy 4th of July! I love how the
Psalm for today and "My Utmost For His Highest" by Oswald Chambers blend together! Psalm 3:1-6:
Lord, how they are increased who trouble me! Many are they who rise up against me. Many are saying of me, There is no help for him in God.Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]! But You, O Lord, are a shield for me, my glory, and the lifter of my head. With my voice I cry to the Lord, and He hears and answers me out of His holy hill.Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]! I lay down and slept; I wakened again, for the Lord sustains me. I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people who have set themselves against me round about.

David stated the problem he was facing, but then began to declare what the Word of God promised! 1 Samuel 30:6 tells us that when he was discouraged, David would encourage HIMSELF in the Lord. THIS is how he did it! We are all to do the same! We are told over and over in the Word to NOT fear or fret. In fact, Philippians 4:6-7:
Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition (definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God. And God’s peace which transcends all understanding shall garrison and mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

Here is a portion of "My Utmost For His Highest":

Fret not thyself, it tends only to evil doing. — Psalm 37:8

Fretting means getting out at elbows mentally or spiritually. It is one thing to say “Fret not,” but a very different thing to have such a disposition that you find yourself able not to fret. It sounds so easy to talk about resting in the Lord and waiting patiently for Him, until the nest is upset—until we live, as so many are doing, in tumult and anguish, is it possible then to rest in the Lord? If this “don’t” does not work there, it will work nowhere. This “don’t” must work in days of perplexity as well as in days of peace, or it never will work. And if it will not work in your particular case, it will not work in anyone else’s case. Resting in the Lord does not depend on external circumstances at all, but on your relationship to God Himself.
....
Have you been bolstering up that stupid soul of yours with the idea that your circumstances are too much for God? Put all “supposing” on one side and dwell in the shadow of the Almighty. Deliberately tell God that you will not fret about that thing. All our fret and worry is caused by calculating without God.

Refuse be moved by circumstances and CHOOSE to be moved ONLY by the Word of God! He has NEVER failed to fulfill His promises! He WON'T start now! AMEN! Here is Hillsong with "Oceans":


Shalom in Him!