Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Shalom,

"My Utmost For His Highest" by Oswald Chambers is very good today again! Here is a portion of it:

Choose you this day whom ye will serve. — Joshua 24:15

Will is the whole man active. I cannot give up my will, I must exercise it. I must will to obey, and I must will to receive God’s Spirit. When God gives a vision of truth it is never a question of what He will do, but of what we will do. The Lord has been putting before us all some big propositions, and the best thing to do is to remember what you did when you were touched by God before – the time when you were saved, or first saw Jesus, or realized some truth. It was easy then to yield allegiance to God; recall those moments now as the Spirit of God brings before you some new proposition.
"Choose you this day whom ye will serve." It is a deliberate calculation, not something into which you drift easily; and everything else is in abeyance until you decide. The proposition is between you and God; do not confer with flesh and blood about it.

At this particular time, it is more important that ever that you have it settled in your own mind and heart Who will be YOUR Lord! Who will YOU serve? None of us will ever be perfect before we see HIM face to face (1 John 3:2), but we MUST decide whether we will follow Him or not. This simply means that, for me, God is ALWAYS right, and when I think, speak or act in a way that is contrary to His Word, then I am WRONG. When I realize that I have been wrong, then I go to 1 John 1:9, confess that as sin, receive the forgiveness that He provides, AND the "cleansing from all unrighteousness" (any other sin that I have not yet recognized and confessed). 

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

This may bring us to a place or time when we will have to say, as the disciples did in Acts 5:29:

29 Then Peter and the apostles replied, We must obey God rather than men.

AMEN! You and I will NEVER go wrong by siding with the God of the Bible! HIS side is ALWAYS the RIGHT side to be on! When we bring ourselves into agreement with the God and His Word, then we open up our lives to the fullness of all that HE has promised! HALLELUJAH! Here is Hillsong Kids with "My Number One":


Shalom in Him!