Saturday, October 4, 2014

Shalom,

Do you remember this from Luke 4:18-19?

18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. KJV

Jesus went on to tell them that this prophetic promise was being fulfilled IN HIM! Let's look at this same verse in the Amplified Bible:

18 The Spirit of the Lord [is] upon Me, because He has anointed Me [the Anointed One, the Messiah] to preach the good news (the Gospel) to the poor; He has sent Me to announce release to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to send forth as delivered those who are oppressed [who are downtrodden, bruised, crushed, and broken down by calamity],  19 To proclaim the accepted and acceptable year of the Lord [the day when salvation and the free favors of God profusely abound.] AMP

If this was fulfilled in Jesus, and it WAS, then we who are IN HIM are also able to fulfill this same Word! The Spirit of the Lord is IN and UPON every born again, Spirit filled believer! YOU and I are anointed by the Spirit of God to DO the works that Jesus did! We are also all blessed with different and unique gifts and talents with which to carry out our individual ministries in setting people free! I was meditating on how our unique gifts and talents may never cause us to be famous, but when we are obedient to the calling and direction of the One, True God, then the lives of others WILL BE affected for good and for GOD! AMEN! 

My testimony to this is my very favorite Christmas album! Yes, I said album, as in vinyl! I purchased this album, "Living Water Christmas" by a local group in the 1980s. They have since disappeared! I have tried to find CDs available and there are none. This group was there for such a time as THAT! Some of the songs on that album, such as "I Know Now" and "There Lay Love" are still some of my favorite Christmas songs of all! Their "momentary ministry" has continually blessed me for over 30 years! I am saying all of this to say to you: Find out what God wants YOU to do, and DO IT! You may never know this side of Heaven just how much you impacted someone's life for HIM, but you WILL know there! I can't wait to meet up with the members of this group when we are all caught up to be with Jesus and let them know how much their gift blessed me! What have YOU been putting off that could be a tremendous blessing to someone else? I encourage you to just do it! AMEN! Here is Hillsong with "You Are My World":


Shalom in Him!