Monday, October 27, 2014

Shalom,

Psalm 118:1-9 has a very important message for us!
O give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; for His mercy and loving-kindness endure forever! Let Israel now say that His mercy and loving-kindness endure forever. Let the house of Aaron [the priesthood] now say that His mercy and loving-kindness endure forever. Let those now who reverently and worshipfully fear the Lord say that His mercy and loving-kindness endure forever. Out of my distress I called upon the Lord; the Lord answered me and set me free and in a large place. The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me? The Lord is on my side and takes my part, He is among those who help me; therefore shall I see my desire established upon those who hate me. It is better to trust and take refuge in the Lord than to put confidence in man. It is better to trust and take refuge in the Lord than to put confidence in princes.

Verses 8-9 tell us that it is better to trust in the LORD than in ANY mere man! The word "better" here is the Hebrew word "towb", which we have seen translated "good" or "goodness"  many times! It means: good, excellent, agreeable, pleasant (to the highest nature), excellent, rich, valuable in estimation, appropriate, becoming, happy, prosperous, benefit, welfare. It does us GOOD to be a DOER of Psalm 118! Verses 2-4 are exhorting Israel, the priesthood and all those who fear the LORD to SAY something about the One, True, Most High, Living, Almighty God of the Bible! We are to say that His mercy (checed: loving-kindness) endures forever! Any time you see the word "let" in the Bible, it always involves CHOICE! YOUR choice, MY choice! CHOOSE wisely and YOU will walk in all the blessings of our new and better Covenant! AMEN! Here is Hillsong United with "Scandal of Grace":



Shalom in Him!