Saturday, October 18, 2014

Shalom,

Anyone who knows me well knows how much I love the Word of God, and appreciate ministers who teach the Word! I fully realize that I have no original thoughts! The Spirit of God gives me insight into the Word of God so that I can share it with others! When I see a teaching that really blesses me, I HAVE to share it! That is what I will be doing on the blog today! A pastor friend on facebook shared a very simple and very clear message on faith that I think would be of benefit to the many people that I have encountered who view faith as such a mysterious and hard to understand concept! Here it is, along with the name of the minister who first shared it! I pray that it blesses YOU as much as it does me! 


Barry Bennett
Fully Persuaded
Being fully persuaded that what God had promised, He was also able to perform. (Rom. 4:21)
What does it mean to be ‘fully persuaded?’ If one can be fully persuaded it would imply that it is possible to be partially persuaded as well. Being fully persuaded would be an alternate definition to faith: faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. (Heb. 11:1)
It would seem that one who is partially persuaded acknowledges the truth and has a good understanding of truth, but is not committed to living according to truth. The partially persuaded live in two worlds; the world of self effort, fear and doubt, and the world of faith. Rather than growing in faith, they tend to see faith as an emergency frequency that may or may not get the desired results. Just to be safe, the partially persuaded trust in themselves as much as possible.
Abraham wasn’t always fully persuaded. He attempted to fulfill God’s promise through his own efforts. After that obvious failure Abraham grew to be fully persuaded in the promise of God. He grew strong in faith.
Until we realize that God is our complete source and His Word is our provision for every need, we won’t be fully persuaded. As Paul said: “I live; yet no longer I, but Christ lives in me. And that life I now live in the flesh, I live by faith toward the Son of God.” (Gal. 2:20) This is what it means to be fully persuaded.
David gives us a great picture of the fully persuaded man or woman of God.
Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stands in the path of sinners, nor sits in the seat of the scornful; but his delight is in the law (Word) of the Lord, And in His law (Word) he meditates day and night. He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not wither; and whatever he does shall prosper. (Ps. 1:1-3)
AMEN! Be willing to pay the price to become fully persuaded! YOUR faith is too precious to settle for anything less! AMEN! Here is Hillsong with an older song called "Faith":



Shalom in Him!