Friday, March 8, 2013

Shalom,

I was slightly shocked today to receive an email that proceeded to preach to me that the Word of God shows that signs, wonders, and miracles stopped with the early church. They are way to late to try and win me over with THAT completely FALSE teaching! Look at what Jesus Himself had to say about born again believers and what they would do! John 14:11-12 from both the KJV and the AMP:

11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. KJV

11 Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me; or else believe Me for the sake of the [very] works themselves. [If you cannot trust Me, at least let these works that I do in My Father's name convince you.] 12 I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, if anyone steadfastly believes in Me, he will himself be able to do the things that I do; and he will do even greater things than these, because I go to the Father. AMP

Do you KNOW what the works were that Jesus did? Look at Matthew 4:23 and Matthew 9:35:

23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people. KJV

35 And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people. KJV

What Jesus did was to go about teaching, preaching and healing! And HE said that WE would do THOSE works and even greater works, because He was going to the Father. When He did that, They sent God the Holy Spirit to live inside of us and then, for those who will receive, He gave the enduing with power from on high - the infilling of the Holy Spirit and power! The phrase "greater works" is the Greek word "meizon" which means: in a greater degree. That means that Jesus was saying that, if we choose to obey (He ALWAYS give us the choice) then we would do what He had done and even more frequently, and in more places! Don't EVER let anyone tell you that "God doesn't do that anymore"! Jesus is the SAME yesterday, today and (HALLELUJAH!) FOREVER! Amen! Here, to enforce THAT thought, is Hillsong United with "Lost Are Found" with lyrics following:


Everlasting
While earthly ages fade
In mercy
Our God Your kingdom reigns

Lord over everything
You are near
All of the universe at Your feet

In the Savior
Injustice brought to right
For Your glory
That Your name be lifted high

Lord over everything
You are near
All of the universe at Your feet
Lord over everything
You are near
All of the universe at Your feet

The lost are found
The blind will see
The lame will walk
The dead will live
And You are God
Forever You will reign

Shalom in Him!