Thursday, March 7, 2013

Shalom,

I love the devotion for today on The Spoken Word Church Website!


You will never leave where you are, until you decide where you would rather be. The day you make a decision about your life is the day your world will change.
Move decisively toward the goals you have established. Intolerance of your present situation creates your future.
"Isaiah 43:18 Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old. 19 Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert."
We have discussed here before that true success is being where God wants us to be, doing what God wants us to do. Once we KNOW the will of God for our lives, we must MOVE! He will lead, guide and direct us each step of the way, but it will only come as we MOVE! Take that first step before you expect another to be revealed! Look at these promises from the Word of God. Hosea 6:3, referring to knowing the Lord and His ways:

3 Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the Lord: KJV

"Follow on" is the Hebrew word "radaph" and it means to pursue! If we want to know Him, we must do as Paul, in Philippians 3:10, and make it our determined purpose! THEN we must DO something to get started! What can we do? Spend time in the Word of God first of all. Spend time praying in the Spirit. Spend time in praise and worship. Spend time in intimate fellowship with Him. All are equally important and the emphasis for any particular time will be as the Holy Spirit leads us! Paul then goes on to say this in verses 12-14:

12 Not that I have now attained [this ideal], or have already been made perfect, but I press on to lay hold of (grasp) and make my own, that for which Christ Jesus (the Messiah) has laid hold of me and made me His own. 13 I do not consider, brethren, that I have captured and made it my own [yet]; but one thing I do [it is my one aspiration]: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the [supreme and heavenly] prize to which God in Christ Jesus is calling us upward. AMP

To "press on" here is the Greek word "dioko" and it also means to pursue! So what should we do? "Move decisively toward the goals you have established", as led by the Spirit of God and the Word of God! Once you have established your spiritual goals, then incorporate that same method, determination and intensity to accomplishing the natural goals that God has given you! Remember what our partner Jerry O'Dell has shared: "When we want what God wants, for the same reason He wants it, we cannot fail!" AMEN! Here is a very old song from Hillsong called "Faith":



Shalom in Him!