Monday, March 18, 2013

Shalom,

Psalm 77:1-2 say this:

I will cry to God with my voice, even to God with my voice, and He will give ear and hearken to me. In the day of my trouble I seek (inquire of and desperately require) the Lord; in the night my hand is stretched out [in prayer] without slacking up; I refuse to be comforted. AMP

I saw something in these verses today that I hadn't thought about before! The psalmist is saying that when he faces trouble, he sets his face to seek God with all that is within him! We read here that he seeks ( inquires of and desperately requires) his answer from the Lord. He continues in this heartfelt and determined prayer time without giving up or giving in until he receives the answer! How do we know this? The word "comforted" here is the Hebrew word "nacham". It means: a change of heart, a change of mind, a change of purpose. This person REFUSES to be deterred by anyone or anything from his determined purpose of receiving the promises of God in his life! Is that YOUR attitude in prayer? It should be! 1 John 5:14-15 shows us how to know that our prayers will be answered:

14 And this is the confidence (the assurance, the privilege of boldness) which we have in Him: [we are sure] that if we ask anything (make any request) according to His will (in agreement with His own plan), He listens to and hears us. 15 And if (since) we [positively] know that He listens to us in whatever we ask, we also know [with settled and absolute knowledge] that we have [granted us as our present possessions] the requests made of Him. AMP

So, we must find God's will, which is revealed in His Word, and then ask! If we ask according to His will, then He hears! If He hears, HE has said that we WILL HAVE WHAT WE HAVE ASKED FOR! Amen! So search, the Word, seek His presence, ask of Him and praise and thank Him for the answer, never questioning the outcome! The only thing we don't know is the "WHEN"! So simple praise Him for it now and forever! AMEN! Here, to encourage you in this and in having that childlike faith, is Hillsong Kids with "My Number One":



Shalom in Him!