Thursday, April 14, 2011

Shalom,


Psalm 104 tells of the Greatness of our God, the Generosity of our God and the Wisdom of our God! Verses 1-9:


1 BLESS (AFFECTIONATELY, gratefully praise) the LORD, O my soul! O LORD my God, You are very great! You are clothed with honor and majesty -- 2 [you are the ONE] Who covers Yourself with light a with a garment, Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain or a tent, 3 Who lays the beams of the upper room of His abode in the waters [above the firmament], Who makes the clouds His chariot, Who walks on the wings of the Wind, 4 Who makes the winds His messengers, flames of fire His ministers. 5 You laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be moved forever. 6 you covered it with the deep as with  a garment; the waters stood above the mountains. 7 At Your rebuke they fled; at the voice of Your thunder they hastened away. 8 The mountains rose, the valleys sank down to the place which You appointed for them. 9 You have set a boundary [for the waters] which they may not pass over, that they turn not again to deluge the earth. 


WOW! Doesn't that just make you want to shout to the world: MY God IS God? Hallelujah! Verses 31-34:


31 May the glory of the LORD endure forever; may the LORD rejoice in His works -- 32 Who looks on the earth, and it quakes and trembles, Who touches the mountains, and they smoke! 33 I will sing to the LORD as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have any being. 34 May my meditation be sweet to Him; as for me, I will rejoice in the LORD.


Amen! Here is a song called "Oceans Will Part" by Hillsong. 




There is only one verse we will look at in Luke 16 today, but it is a vitally important verse to understand! Verse 17:


17 Yet it is easier for heaven and earth to pass away than for one dot of the Law to fail and become void.


God's Word is FOREVER! We have to really meditate on the Truth that God and His Word are ONE! He will never do anything contrary to His Word! Do you see why it is so very important for us to meditate on His Word, day and night (Joshua 1:8)? The New Covenant is BETTER than the Old Covenant - NOT because one did away with the other, but because the New FULFILLED the Old (Matthew 5:17)! Do yo see while we will be spending eternity learning something new? How extremely exciting THAT sounds! In the meantime, pray this from Psalm 25:5 every time you do study, and allow the Spirit of God to teach you HIS Word! 


5 Guide me in Your Truth and faithfulness and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; for You [You only and altogether] do I wait [expectantly] all the day long.


Deuteronomy 15 is very interesting concerning the release from debt! They were instructed in Leviticus 25 and, as we will see, in Deuteronomy 23, NOT to charge interest on a loan to a fellow Israelite. They could charge interest to a foreigner, but not to a "brother".  Now we see that every 7th year they are told to totally release their brother from debt! How do you think THAT would change our economy today? God's Ways are ALWAYS better than man's ways, don't you think? I hope YOU are enjoying studying the Word of God as much as I do!


Shalom in Him!