Saturday, April 30, 2011

Shalom,


We finish Psalm 119 today with the last 88 verses. Verses 100-101:


100 I understand more than the aged, because I keep Your precepts [hearing, receiving, loving, and obeying them]. 101 I have restrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep Your Word [hearing, receiving, loving, and obeying it].


The words "hearing, receiving, loving, and obeying" are found in the Amplified Bible in 17 of the 176 verses in Psalm 119. The Bible Expository Dictionary: Old Testament says this:


We must obey His Word (vv. 101-102). A true student of the Word is not a person with a big head, full of all sorts of knowledge, but one who has an obedient heart and loves to do God's will. While God's truth is food for our souls, it is not a "buffet" from which we select only the things we like. If the Bible tells us something is wrong, we stay off that path. If God tells us something is right, we do not abandon it. "Obedience is the organ of spiritual knowledge" (F.W. Robertson; John 7:17).


It is NOT enough to just memorize Scripture! God's Word has been given to us to know and obey so that we can have God's Ways operating in our lives! That lifts up Jesus and HE said, in John 12:32:


32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.


After all, that's what we are REALLY here for, isn't it?  Some other verses that really stand out to me this time through this Psalm are verses 89-91:


89 Forever, O LORD, Your Word is settled in heaven [stands firm as the heavens]. 90 Your faithfulness is from generation to generation; You have established the earth, and it stands fast. 91 All [the whole universe] are Your servants; therefore they continue this day according to your ordinances.


Our God is the One Who created the universe and everything in it! He also holds it all together! Anyone with any other ideas is really revealing their ignorance! We have to look no further than the Word of God to find what Science ALWAYS eventually confirms, WHEN they can get past all of their THEORIES! The best definition I have ever heard of a theory came from Kenneth E. Hagin, who said: "A theory is a supposition based on ignorance of the subject at hand." SO totally true! I can't wait to find out, when we get to Heaven, just HOW God went about it! I know it will be amazing to see! Then verses 97-99 are very important, too:


97 Oh, how love I Your law! It is my meditation all the day. 98 You, through Your commandments, make me wiser than my enemies, for [Your Words] are ever before me. 99 I have better understanding and deeper insight than all my teachers, because Your testimonies are my meditation.




You don't NEED to go to Bible School in order to know and understand the Word of God! In fact, Bible School has actually HURT more people when it comes to understanding God's Word! Why? Because the Word of God can ONLY be understood through the help of the Holy Spirit! 1 Corinthians 2:14:


14 But the natural, nonspiritual man does not accept or welcome or admit in to his heart the gifts and teachings and revelations of the Spirit of God, for they are folly (meaningless nonsense) to him; and he is incapable of knowing them [of progressively recognizing, understanding, and becoming better acquainted with them] because they are spiritually discerned and estimated and appreciated.


Attend your very own Bible School by finding a good local church where the Word of God is taught, and you are instructed to check out what's taught in your own Bible! Then spend quality time EVERY DAY studying and meditating on the Word of God. You will grow and mature and be an effective minister of LIFE!


It's amazing to me that the kings in Joshua 9-10 would STILL try to come against Israel, after all that they had seen and heard about the God of the Hebrews! The One, True, Most High, Living, Almighty God of the Bible ALWAYS delivered His people, when they did things HIS WAY! He still does! Since God is FOR US (Romans 8:31), it doesn't do ANYONE, any good to come against us. They WILL fail! Count on it!


We'll go back to Psalm 119 for verse 103:


103 How sweet are Your Words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!


Here is the song "Holy And Anointed One":




Shalom in Him!