Monday, January 4, 2010

Shalom,

We read Matthew 4 today in The Spoken Word Bible Reading Plan. I want to call your attention to this passage:


Matthew 4:23-24 (AMP)
And He went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues and preaching the good news (Gospel) of the kingdom, and healing every disease and every weakness and infirmity among the people.
So the report of Him spread throughout all Syria, and they brought Him all who were sick, those afflicted with various diseases and torments, those under the power of demons, and epileptics, and paralyzed people, and He healed them.

Now these are the things that Jesus did. These are the "works" that Jesus did. Jesus went about preaching and teaching the Gospel, healing the sick and setting people free! Now look at this:

John 14:12 (KJV)
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

THIS is what we are supposed to be doing as believers! Not just the pastors and those in pulpit ministries, but every born again believer! Take a look at this verse in the Amplified Bible:

12I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, if anyone steadfastly believes in Me, he will himself be able to do the things that I do; and he will do even greater things than these, because I go to the Father.

This is what each of us as believers, in all of the unique and individual situations we find ourselves in each day, are supposed to be doing! Whether we spend our days at work places, schools, home or traveling, we are to be about our Father's business of setting people free! You CAN do it! Jesus said so! Now JUST DO IT! You'll be glad you did!

Shalom in Him!